(References to Laiaka)
Laiaka neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Iolana & Wanikiya)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Tainted)|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Ruler|| Jayson Zeander (Governor)|
Leigh Bahram (Planetary Legate)
- 2271 - Inhabited world 
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
As of 3057, the planetary surface of Laiaka was said to be mostly ocean, with the population living in nomadic drift-cities and getting along harvesting vast, gene-tailored algae mats drifting in the upper reaches of the seas.
The thick atmosphere of greenhouse gasses, particularly carbon dioxide and sulfur, allows Laiaka's surface temperature to approach levels capable of supporting human life under its dim red sun. Unfortunately these same gasses prevent humans from breathing the atmosphere unassisted. With little to recommend it the world was ignored during the first wave of colonization.
When the Federation of Skye began expanding, survey teams landed on Laiaka. There they found large deposits of titanium and germanium and other industrial metal ores. Mining companies quickly settled on the world and began extracting these valuable ores. Unlike most worlds that require sheltered cities, settlers built their cities in the mineshafts and caverns left behind by the mining process instead of using the more common domed city plan. At the fall of the Star League, terraforming efforts had begun on Laiaka; The first effort was releasing a tailored algae into the planet's seas to convert massive amounts of carbon dioxide into oxygen. The fall of the Star League put a halt to these plans however, as Laiaka was a border world that saw frequent raids. These raids destroyed much of the equipment needed to complete the terraforming effort and eventually Laiaka returned to its natural state.
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 184, "Laiaka World Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Operation Excalibur, p. 189 (PDF edition; page numbering for print edition may differ)