(References to Gacrux)
Gacrux neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Moons||2 (Marcera & Worsca)|
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Plants|
|Ruler|| Georgio Quentin (Governor)|
Yitzahk Faquir (Planetary Legate)
 Owner History
- 2340 - Federation of Skye 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth
- 3057 - Lyran Alliance
- 3062 - Lyran Alliance
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3076 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Planetary Garrison
 3061 to 3067
- - At this point in time, the VIII Principes was at 65% of full strength, with 86% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Planetary History
Gacrux is a world well on its way to extinction. Its sun is a red dwarf in the final stages of its life. The only reason the world was settled at all was to extract the radioactive materials needed for fusion engines and precious metals. Given its proximity to the Free Worlds League the citizens of Gacrux have always been supportive of House Steiner and the LCAF. In fact Gacrux is one of the few worlds in the Federation of Skye that didn't agitate for secession. On the other hand, this loyalty to House Steiner has become a hindrance in several situations. Gacrux was one of the most vocal opponents of the alliance with the Federated Suns, and the Brotherhood of Cincinnatus, a Lyran nationalist movement with ties to terrorism, has maintained a facility on the world for many years.
During the Jihad Gacrux was attacked by forces loyal to the Free Worlds League. These FWLM units were tricked into attacking the world after Word of Blake forces struck them under false colors. This attack led to Gacrux's defenders being hopelessly outnumbered when the Word of Blake arrived later and offered Gacrux a place in the Word of Blake Protectorate.
Gacrux was the second world to be targeted by the Lyran front of Operation SCOUR in late January 3077; troops under the command of Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner liberated the nearby world of Cor Caroli in a week before attacking Gacrux. Attacked by Group III, the attack on Gacrux nearly stalled when the commanding officers of the 6th Benjamin Regulars, 1st Federated Suns Lancers and 31st Marik Militia were all killed in a targeted strike by the Word of Blake intended to remove the command organization of Group III. This left Leutnant-General Thomas Hogarth in charge of Group III, and under Hogarth the Group liberated Gacrux by May, although Hogarth was reticent to confirm details of how or what the next objective for Group III would be when interviewed later by the press.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 1.12 1.13 1.14 1.15 1.16 1.17 Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130), p. 182, "Gacrux World Profile"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Federation of Skye world within the Lyran Commonwealth befor  and after at their founding in "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 6.2 Field Manual: Updates, p. 177, "Lyran Alliance Deploment Table"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 56, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Shattered Sphere, p. 48, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 187, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 27, "We Have Met The Enemy"