- This article is about the planet. For the ProtoMech, see Procyon (ProtoMech).
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Procyon neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-5.04 : -11.06[e]|
|Recharge time||176 hours|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith (3130)|
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Highest native life||Reptiles|
|Ruler|| Alisendar Gyn (3057-3059)|
Kai Joensuu (Governor)
Michael Carrington (Planetary Legate) (3130)
|Capital|| Calgary (3030)|
Guilded Halls (3130) 
|Population|| 1,980,173,000 (3123)|
|HPG (Representative)||A|
- 1 Political Affiliation
- 2 Geography
- 3 Planetary History
- 4 Planetary Rulers
- 5 Military Deployment
- 6 Industrial Centers
- 7 Image Gallery
- 8 Nearby Systems
- 9 References
- 10 Bibliography
- 2134 - Terran Alliance 
- 2271 - Terran Alliance 
- 2319 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2341 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2366 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2571 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2596 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2750 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2765 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2767 - Amaris Empire 
- 2771 - Amaris Empire 
- 2774 - Amaris Empire 
- 2786 - Terran Hegemony 
- 2822 - Free Worlds League 
- 2864 - Free Worlds League 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Tikonov Free Republic (from July)
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Chaos March 
- 3059 - Free Worlds League 
- 3062 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
Procyon is a resource-rich planet with two large continents and numerous continental islands. The southern continent, Halbiero, is rocky and pockmarked, while the supercontinent of Greene lies north of Halbiero and extends up into the northern polar regions of the planet. East of Halbiero a chain of islands known as the Unspoiled Islands stretches through Procyon's southern hemisphere.
The Terran Alliance settled Procyon in 2134, drawn by the resources available on the planet, and over time the planet became a stronghold for the Terran Alliance. Procyon was one of the worlds that remained a part of the Terran Alliance following the Outer Reaches Rebellion and the Demarcation Declaration of 2242, and became one of the worlds within the Alliance Core region of the Terran Hegemony.
Star League Era
During the Star League era Procyon was home to a major Star League Defense Force naval base as well as a number of Castles Brian; Procyon was also notable for being home to a BattleMech factory owned by the Brigadier Corporation. Procyon also became somewhat infamous during the reign of the Star League due to its being the location from which oliver Marik and his supporters planned what would become the Marik Civil War.
During the Amaris Civil War Procyon suffered damage, as did many other Terran Hegemony planets; the large Castle Brian located east of the planetary capital city, Guilded Halls, was levelled by orbital bombardment, while the Castles Brian dotted within the Unspoiled Isles were also destroyed. The cities located in the Unclaimed Isles would subsequently be abandoned as Procyon declined.
Early Succession Wars
Procyon was seized and held by the Free Worlds League after the fall of the Star League, although after almost two centuries of League rule the Capellan Confederation managed to conquer the planet. The planetary population retained a largely indifferent attitude towards their erstwhile conquerers, clinging instead to the majority of the customs they had retained from the days of the Terran Hegemony, and the planetary economy became increasingly agricultural; nowhere was the overall sense of apathy more obvious than in Cleveberg, the city where the Brigadier Corporation factory was located. The city dwindled until it was barely more than a ghost city, while the 'Mech plant was abandoned and left derelict.
Third Succession WarThe database of the (apocryphal) 1989 video game MechWarrior, set around the year 3025, gives a population of 5.250 billion for Procyon and describes the environment as "tropical" (out of only three broad impressions of planetary environments given in the game, these being "desert", "ice", or "tropical"). The description one-liner reads "Once home to the Brigadier Mech Co. - now extinct."
Fourth Succession War
Following Colonel Pavel Ridzik defecting from the Capellan Confederation and declaring himself the ruler of a new realm, the Tikonov Free Republic, the Federated Suns and Lyran Commonwealth began attempting to persuade Ridzik to launch military operations against the Free Worlds League, to help keep the League distracted and busy during the Fourth Succession War. Ridzik kept negotiations open with all three parties - with the League attempting to court him as an ally as well - while he restructured his realm, settling old scores, installing friends and allies in positions of power and purging his newly-founded military of loyalist elements. Within a few months Ridzik had become bored, and decided to launch attacks on the League... without bothering to tell his own diplomats, who continued negotiations right up until news of the attack reached them.
Procyon was one of a number of systems attacked by Ridzik; Ridzik considered Procyon important enough that he brought two 'Mech regiments, determined to gain control of the resources and industrial base Procyon offered. One of his objectives was to try and secure the old Brigadier Corporation plant, convinced that he would be able to emulate the success displayed by the New Avalon Institute of Science in recovering Star League era technology with the delapidated plant.
When Ridzik arrived, the Second Sirian Lancers under the command of Colonel Jenny Twofeathers had been fighting a year-long campaign in the foothills east of Calgary, the planetary capital city, against a force of two regiments of guerillas aligned with the Capellan Confederation who had managed to evade destruction and continually preyed on the convoys moving between the gem mines and Calgary. Ridzik gambled that the guerilla's loyalty would switch from the Confederation to his Republic, and deployed the First and Second Republican BattleMech Regiments and twelve assorted convential regiments to capture Procyon, leading the Second himself. Among his task force's escorts was a Vengeance-class fighter carrier, the Omaha Beach, and the aerospace fighters from the Omaha Beach plus those from the Republican regiments were enough to secure the skies above his chosen drop zones despite efforts from the Sirian Lancer's aerospace forces to contest the attack.
Ridzik's plan for capturing Procyon revolved around capturing several essential bridges across the George River before seizing the capital; two of the bridges, the Bayson and Vacor bridges were closest to the drop zones and were quickly captured. Ridzik had dropped twenty assault craft on the bridges, each carrying an armored vehicle and an infantry platoon, to secure them ahead of the arrival of more of the Tikonov Free Republic Army forces, with the greater part of the dropping troops assigned to capture the Charles Bridge, which was closest to Calgary. The Sirian Lancers second-guessed the objective and deployed forces to fight for the bridge, while the senior TFRA officer - Major Sandra Stankowski - called on aerospace forces to help seize the bridge. Ridzik led the Second Republican towards Stankowski's forces, with his command company being the first to engage the enemy, while the First Republican drove for Calgary.
Colonol Carla Nisora was in command of the First, and grew increasingly frustrated as her advance was bogged down by an unmapped marshland and harassing attacks from a battalion of League hovercraft. After finally reaching the Bayson Bridge to relieve the advance forces the First was forced to wade through a League armored regiment during its attempts to link up with the Second Republican, while the fight at the Charles Bridge became increasingly desperate. As the Second approached the bridge Ridzik ended up battling personally against Colonel Twofeather's Marauder as his forces tried to avoid and then overcome a battalion of Sirian Lancer 'Mechs and two supporting armor regiments encountered just a kilometer from the bridge. Ridzik managed to inflict enough damage on Twofeather's 'Mech to cause it to explode, and the First reached the bridge just in time; the remains of Stankowski's force had been pushed back until they were pinned between two Sirian Assault 'Mechs located at either end of the bridge. The arrival of increasing numbers of Republican 'Mechs caused those two Marik pilots to surrender, but the surviving Lancer forces retreated into the hills in an attempt to continue fighting. A week later, having been attacked by the guerilla forces, the Lancers abandoned Procyon.
Clan Invasion Era
Following the launch of Operation GUERRERO and the formation of the Chaos March Procyon spent two years being ruled by a renegade Blakist named Alisendar Gyn, who inflicted a hellish regime on the population. Gyn's regime fell in early 3059, when Free Worlds League Military forces captured Procyon and returned it to League rule.
During the third week of June 3069 the worlds of Berenson, Irian, Procyon and Sirius were rocked by internal conflict as Free Worlds League Loyalists clashed with local government forces as a result of the local governments turning against the false Thomas Marik and the government on Atreus.
The Dark Age
Incorporated into the Republic of the Sphere, Procyon remained a largely agricultural planet. The Unspoiled Isles were heavily wooded by the height of the Dark Age, whilst the majority of the population lived on Greene, which was home to the majority of Procyon's small cities and major agro-plexes, although much of the continent consisted of forests and sparsely-inhabited farmsteads. Located on the Wantu River, Guilded Halls remained the planetary capital city and the city of the largest planetary spaceport, but the city of Cleveberg on Halbiero had experienced something of a minor revival that began with Earthwerk's purchase of the Brigadier planet in 3050. By 3130 the plant - now operating as Earthwerks-Procyon Engineering Vehicles - was producing and exporting enough industrial vehicles and IndustrialMechs to qualify it as a secondary planetary industry.
- Alisendar Gyn
- Second Sirian Lancers (until July)
3059 to 3067
- Brigadier Corporation
- Earthwerks-Procyon Engineering Vehicles
- Maxwell Manufacturing, Inc.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Sirius||5.7||Keid||9.1||Carver V||10.1||New Home||13.9|
|Rigil Kentarus||15.8||Terra||16.1||Graham IV||19.2||Bryant||20.4|
|New Earth||21.5||Killbourn||24.3||Outreach||25.6||Alula Australis||25.6|
|New Stevens||32.4||Epsilon Eridani||33.6||Yorii||35.2||Devil's Rock||35.4|
|Marcus||58.4||Van Diemen IV||58.4||Wasat||58.4||Lockdale||59.0|
- Dark Age Republic Worlds (3130), p. 245, "Procyon"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 82-84, "Procyon"
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction, p. 243, "Planet Profile"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 16, "Free Worlds League Founding ["
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding - 2319"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Foundation "
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 138, "Operation LIBERATION Wave 1 [July 2772 - December 2774]"
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 24-25, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 34, "Free Worlds League after First Succession War "
- First Succession War (Source Book), pp. 112-113, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Marik, p. 38, "Free Worlds League after Second Succession War "
- House Marik Sourcebook
- Handbook: House Marik
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 81, "Republican Offensive"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2, p. 94, "End Of The War"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 161, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- First Succession War (Source Book), p. 138, "First Succession War Deployment Table - FWLM"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 108
- 20 Year Updage, p. 70, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- ComStar (sourcebook), p. 85, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 113, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 144, "Republic Armed Forces - Triarii Protectors"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4, p. 6, "GRF-1A Griffin"
- 20 Year Update
- BattleTech: 25 Years of Art & Fiction
- ComStar (sourcebook)
- Dark Age: Republic Worlds (3130)
- Era Report: 2750
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 4
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Field Manual: Updates
- First Succession War
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Liao
- Handbook: House Marik
- Handbook: House Steiner
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 2