Hegemony Armed Forces
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
- This article is about the Terran Hegemony's military. For the Marian Hegemony's military, see Marian Hegemony Armed Forces.
The Hegemony Armed Forces was the military arm of the Terran Hegemony.
With the Terran Hegemony's successes in developing the Mackie, Banshee, and Kyudo BattleMechs, the HAF continued to expand both their BattleMech forces and combat doctrines during the Pre-Star League Era. All three designs performed well in their roles, but none could provide direct fire support at range-a weakness exploited by the Hegemony's enemies. To counter this weakness, the HAF responded by seeking proposals for new designs that led to some of the most iconic and longest-servicing BattleMechs in history.
Former HAF MechWarriors, technicians, and general officers with political connections were previously recruited alongside personnel from Hegemony Weapons Research from New Earth by Earthwerks Incorporated, before the request had been made, as they had already begun groundwork for the expansion into BattleMech construction. This gave Earthwerks the advantage in responding to the RFP for a "heavy fire support BattleMech" in late 2249, leading to the proposal for a new design that became the standard to judge all similar 'Mechs-the Archer.
The Archer became the HAF's standard fire-support BattleMech, assigned to entire lances within most battalions.
- The Star League, p. 16
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 5, p. 6 "ARC-1A Archer 'Mech Profile"