|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Sail Diameter||502 meters|
|Fuel||2,000 tons (10,000)|
|Safe Thrust||2.5 g|
|Top Thrust||4 g|
|KF Drive Integrity||5|
|Armament|| 16 x ER Large Lasers |
4 x LRM-20s (120 rounds) + Artemis IV FCS
32 x Small Lasers
4 x SRM-6 (120 rounds) + Artemis IV FCS
8 x LB 10-X ACs (160 rounds)
3 x NAC/20s (125 rounds)
6 x NL35s
2 x NL45
2 x NL55
|Armor|| Fore: 24|
|Grav Decks||1 x 88-meter diameter|
|Escape Pods/Life Boats||8|
|Heat Sinks||1873 (3746) Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (1.0)|| 41,739 |
Among the smallest and lightest WarShips in active service, Free Worlds League's Zechetinu (Serbian for "hare") class corvette is designed to operate as either an independent convoy-raider, picket ship or as an escort vessel.
The "Zec" as her crews have dubbed the vessel is capable of accelerating up to 2.5 Gs for sustained periods and up to 4 Gs in short bursts, making it among the fastest and most maneuverable WarShips in its weight class. This speed comes at a price, with a relatively light ninety tons of Lamellor Ferro-Carbide armor in comparison to its weapons array and exceedingly cramped crew quarters made even tighter with the inclusion of a Lithium-Fusion Battery System. With one tiny and constantly in demand Grav Deck the only dedicated recreation facility aboard, each Zechetinu rarely spend more than a month away from port to avoid negative effects on the crew.
The first ship of the class exceeded all expectations during mock battle exercises and quickly led the Free Worlds League Military to authorize construction of a further ten. Analysis of these exercises also led to the bulk to be constructed as the newer Zechetinu II standard with a slightly modified weapon array.
The Block I Zechetinu features a significant capital-grade weapons array supported by a large volume of anti-fighter systems. The fore and aft weapon bays both carry twin ER Large Lasers, four Small Lasers, an LB 10-X AC and Artemis IV FCS enhanced LRM-20 and SRM-6 launchers in support of a NAC/20 and twin NL35s. The forward facing angle features twin ER Large Lasers, four Small Lasers, and a LB 10-X AC for anti-fighter duties while an NL35 and NL45 provide capital grade firepower. Save for replacing both capital lasers with a single NL55, each rear angle features the same mix as the fore angles, while apart from dropping the capital lasers entirely, each broadsides mounts the same weaponry as the fore and aft bays. One-thousand and seventy-three Double Heat Sinks give the class reasonable endurance.
Beyond its ability to carry a single DropShip and six AeroSpace Fighters, the Zechetinu features thirteen-thousand, eight-hundred and seventy-six tons of cargo capacity divided between two separate bays.
- Zechetinu II
- Starting with the FWLS Scorpion, all future Zechetinus are constructioned to the Block II standard and feature captial-grade missile systems in place of the naval-laser batteries of the Block I ships, with two White Shark tubes forward and aft, with a single Barracuda missile tube on each fore and aft angle. Carrying fifty missile reloads for each launcher type reduces the Zechetinu IIs cargo capacity down to twelve-thousand, three-hundred and seventy-six tons. BV (1.0)= 46,730 (34,119)
 Named Vessels
- Zechetinu II
- FSS Excalibur - Originally named the FWLS Ixodida, this Zechetinu II-class WarShip was suborned by the Word of Blake and pressed into service the WoBS Dark Light at the beginning of the Jihad. As the Dark Light it was used to attack the world of Marlette in the Federated Suns in 3072. A pair of Fox-class corvettes engaged and captured the Dark Light in a boarding operation. After being repaired and renamed the FSS Excalibur, it was loaned to Devlin Stone's coalition in 3076. The Excalibur was destroyed by a Dragau in the assault on Terra.
- Zechetinu II
- FWLS Acari - The Acari was evidently badly damaged attempting to reinforce the defenders on Ohrensen in mid-February 3079 and captured by Manei Domini forces. It was then used as a Trojan Horse in the Blakist attack on Oriente in March 3079, inflicting critical damage to the Thera-class FWLS Santorini before being destroyed by Duchy of Oriente forces.
- Zechetinu II
- FWLS Opilione - The only ship of the class to be suborned by the Word of Blake and to actually survive the Jihad, the Opilione was last observed in the Jouques system operating alongside the Thera-class Corinth as part of a pack of five Blakist WarShips which conducted a brief raiding campaign against the Duchy of Oriente in 3079. As at mid-3081 the Opilione remained unaccounted for.
 See Also
 Ship Gallery
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 279
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Technical Readout: 3067, p. 196, "Zechetinu Profile"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 Field Manual: Free Worlds League, pp. 143-144, "Zechetinu Ship Profile"
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 280
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 Field Manual: Updates, p.144
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. ?
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 33, "What to give a freedom fighter who already has everything?"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 14, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 53, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 102, "Swarms"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 19, "Blakist Raids Savage Duchy Of Oriente"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 18-19, "Shadows Over Oriente"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 69, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Cite error: Invalid
<ref>tag; no text was provided for refs named
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 127, "Naval Assets"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Ships Not Accounted For"