- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Inner Sphere Military Ranks|
|For specific ranks see Military Ranks|
In the First SLDF a Major General commanded a Division or sometimes a Corps. Frequently they were in charge of the defense of a vital world that could be attacked. In the Second SLDF a Major General would have the same responsibilities.
The naval equivalent of a Major General was a Vice Admiral. Typically they would command the naval presence in a military region.
A Major General wore two three dimensional stars as their rank insignia, while a Vice Admiral wore two purple stripes on their cuffs.
Lyran Commonwealth and Lyran Alliance
The LAAF equivalent of a Major General is a Kommandant-General. These officers typically serve as the executive officer of a Combat Theater, and are responsible for making sure that every combat unit in their theater is ready for combat. The LAAF Navy uses the rank of Hauptmann-Kommodore to identify these officers.
Their rank insignia is the same four silver pips arranged in a cross pattern used by a Hauptmann General, with a black pearl covering the center point where the pips meet.
Armed Forces of the Federated Suns
In the Armed Forces of the Federated Suns, a Major General is usually the executive officer of a March Militia unit. Since the March Militia's units are spread over a large number of worlds, a Major General needs to use tact and political acumen as well as tactical and strategic military skills. In a battle, the Major General usually assumes command of a regiment that is vital to the commanding officer's plans.
Major Generals wear epaulets with three broad bands across the base.
|Rank||MechWarrior||AeroSpace Fighter||Infantry||Armor||Naval Crew|| Technical
|Administrative||Medical||Legal|| Logistics/ |
| Major General
Free Rasalhague Republic
In the KungsArmé a Generalmajor leads one of the smaller administrative departments, like Administration or Military Education. KungsArmé Generalmajors rarely serve in the field. These officers wear a green patch with a gold Roman numeral "2" to show their rank.
- The Star League, p. 112
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 79
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 32
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 129, "Major General"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 65