14th Army (Star League)
- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 2784)|
|Parent Formation||Star League Defense Force|
Responsible initially for the first district of the Draconis Combine Military Region from the Army Headquarters on Dieron, the 14th guarded both the Federated Suns and Terran Hegemony borders, and often found itself facing challenges from DCMS ronin looking to test their mettle against the SLDF. In light of the constant conflict and challenges, including the Third Hidden War, the SLDF High Command assigned additional forces to the Fourteenth. The Fourteenth had an extra Corps assigned to it, and each of those corps was increased to six divisions in size. The Fourteenth's operations area was divided into four districts. A single corps protected the two closest to Terra, while the other two districts were covered by two corps.
With such an active border, the various command staffs of the Army's components worked hard to keep their units ready at a moment's notice. To meet the high level of readiness required, the Fourteenth Army Command set performance goals and left the plans of reaching those goals to corps and division commanders. The Army Command worked hard to provide all necessary support for the corps and divisions, even going so far as to arrange cross-corps training opportunities. The Fourteenth Army's commanders used the performance evaluations during these exercises to promote or reassign commanding officers of the subsidiary units.
When the Periphery Uprising saw a significant increase in the number of SLDF Armies deployed into the Periphery, the 14th found its area of responsibility increase dramatically; boosted through the addition of thirty assorted regiments from within the Hegemony, the 14th became responsible for the entire of the Draconis Combine.
|Commanding Officers of the 14th Army|
Corps of the 14th Army
- The Star League, p. 141, "Fourteenth Army"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. 169
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 44, "Fourteenth Army"