Hohiro Kurita II
Hohiro Kurita (3023 – 30??) was the eldest son of Theodore Kurita and Tomoe Sakade. As the eldest scion of the head of House Kurita, he was the heir-designate of the Draconis Combine. He ruled the Combine from the time of his father's death during the Jihad until his own demise.
 The Clan Invasion Era
Hohiro was stationed on Turtle Bay with the 14th Legion of Vega when Clan Smoke Jaguar struck the Combine in 3050. He was captured by the Jaguars, only to be freed by Chu-i Shin Yodama and the local yakuza. He was then posted with the elite Genyosha and bested the Smoke Jaguars on Wolcott.
On Teniente, near the end of the Clan invasion, he relieved the commanders of the Third and Eleventh Pesht Regulars who insisted on fighting in "the old ways" which were getting their forces slaughtered, and began a hit and run resistance. As there were no Combine units available, he was rescued by Victor Davion and the newly rebuilt Revenants (part of the 10th Lyran Guards), at the request of Omi Kurita. He later led the Genyosha as part of Prince Victor's relief force to the Lyran world of Coventry in 3058, which was then under assault by Clan Jade Falcon.
It was in 3057 that Hohio married Fiona, the eldest daughter of a prominant Luthien business family, in a private ceremony. The two had met earlier at a performance of the opera La Tromba di Guerra by Guratze, performed at the Imperial Opera on Luthien, and the marriage was kept secret; Fiona would become good friends with Hohiro's sister Omi, and the two evidently supported each other during the war with Clan Smoke Jaguar.Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 35, "Heirs To The Dragon"</ref>
Hohiro took over as commander of the 1st Genyosha and led them during Operation Bulldog. During that campaign against Clan Smoke Jaguar, he participated in the liberation of Kiamba and Schuyler. Hohiro accompanied Victor Steiner-Davion to Strana Mechty and participated in the Great Refusal. Hohiro's company from the Genyosha defeated a Binary of warriors from Clan Blood Spirit.
In 3067, Hohiro traveled to Tharkad for the Whitting Conference, which began on 27 November. Though he accompanied his father, he did not arrive with him and attended in his own capacity as Commanding General of the SLDF.  The Star League failed a no-confidence vote and was disbanded. In retribution, on 5 December, Word of Blake fired on Tharkad with the LCS Invincible, which was to have been a gift to the Lyrans. The Kurita delegation was safe, however, having left the day before. Hohiro released a statement promising retribution against anybody who attacked the Combine.
The dissolution of the Star League also meant the SLDF was no more, and, therefore, had no need for a Commanding General.
The assault on Tharkad was one of the first attacks that in the Word of Blake Jihad. A more pressing concern for the Kuritas, however, was a rebellion initiated by the Kokuryu-kai (Black Dragon Society) on 19 December. Because Hohiro was absent from his command of the 1st Genyosha, Tai-sa Shih Chou commanded the unit during the Black Dragon Society's coup on Luthien.
On 4 February 3068, Word of Blake invaded Dieron. In April, Hohiro led a DCMS task force there to liberate the world. On 1 May, Hohiro declared the Draconis Combine to be in a state of emergency.
On 18 June Hohiro was captured by the elite Blakist Venatori. The members of the Level II raided a major military base in a forest at twilight. The Venatori paraded Hohiro through the streets of Deber City and broadcast their triumph over the Combine's heir. Shortly after Hohiro's capture, the guerrillas surrendered to the Word of Blake. Hohiro was taken into ROM's custody in Fortress Dieron.
Hohiro was a Blakist prisoner until 4 January 3069. In the early morning hours a DEST squad infiltrated Fortress Dieron. Once inside, they were assisted by a few remaining members of the Royal Black Watch who had also been captured. They sprung Hohiro and spirited him to New Samarkand, where self-proclaimed Gunji-no-Kanrei Kiyomori Minamoto had temporarily moved the capital because of the fighting on Luthien. Following his six-month imprisonment, Hohiro suffered from severe post-traumatic stress disorder.
On 5 January 3070, Coordinator Theodore Kurita died. Hohiro succeeded his father to the Chrysanthemum Throne. During the tumultuous Jihad, the members of the Kurita family moved frequently to avoid capture by the Blakists. Hohiro had to deal with two different groups of vassals, the Azami and Clan Nova Cat.
The Azami were beset by natural disasters and no aid was forthcoming from the Combine. The Azami repeatedly asked for assistance, but were ignored by Minamoto. They pulled the Arkab Legion back to Algedi. On 12 November 3071, Hohiro ordered the Arkab Legions back to their post, or there would be consequences. Rogue elements of the DCMS pursued them and fighting ensued.
Clan Nova Cat had withdrawn to the Irece Prefecture following the dissolution of the Star League. With Devlin Stone's rise to prominence, they found a cause to throw themselves into. The Nova Cats wanted to defect to Stone's coalition.
On 17 October 3073, Hohiro, then on Benjamin, agreed to meet with Precentor Martial Victor Steiner-Davion and Devlin Stone on Tukayyid. Hohiro did make the journey to Tukayyid in November and met with Stone, Duke Tancred Sandoval, Archon Peter Steiner-Davion, and other leaders from across the Inner Sphere. Hohiro agreed to support the coalition on the condition that Stone refuse half of Clan Nova Cat. The Cats did not wish to agree to those terms, so Stone fought them in a Trial of Refusal, which he and forces under his command won.
Hohiro revealed that he was married to Lady Fiona Kurita on the 25th of May 3079 from New Samarkand. Hohiro also released that he and Fiona had two sons, Shinjiro and Vincent, at the same time, citing both family tradition and security concerns for concealing the existence of his wife and children until 3079. Given that Shinjiro was 22 years old at this point, Hohiro had been concealing details of his marriage for more than two decades. It was commented on at the time that the situation was reminiscent of when Hohiro's father Theodore presented his family to then-Coordinator Takashi Kurita more than sixty years before. When Hohiro presented his family to the assembled cultural and political figures and the media he was accompanied by the Keeper of House Honor, in this case his cousin, Miyako, and Lady Mara Selencia, Abbess of the Order of Five Pillars.
Devlin Stone negotiated with Hohiro and the other leaders of the various factions who had contributed troops to the coalition up to the liberation of Terra during Operation SCOUR to retain the planetary garrisons loaned to the coalition after the cessation of combat operations. As a result, on the 1st of July 3079 Hohiro recalled all of the DCMS units deployed within the former Word of Blake Protectorate to Combine space, but left all of the planetary militias contributed to the war effort in place on the recently liberated worlds.
Hohiro formally recognised the existence of the Republic of the Sphere as a nation on the 1st of May 3081, broadcasting an address to the people of the Combine from the Sun Zhang MechWarrior Academy on New Samarkand. He also stated that the Bushido Code would be honoured, ensuring that those DCMS troops honourbound to Stone would be allowed to join the RAF, retaining the equipment issued to them by the Combine. The carefully worded announcement included details of a number of worlds being ceded to the Republic from the Dieron Military District and Benjamin Military District but made it clear that any allegations of secret deals between the Combine and the Republic over these worlds was an insult to the Dragon's honour. He also warned that while he wished the new Republic well, the successors to the ancient Terran Hegemony could only succeed by respecting both the integrity and sovereignty of their neighbour states.
Hohiro's son Vincent married Lady Ramiko Nishimura in a private ceremony on the planet of Kirei Na Niwa on the 12th of May 3081. The wedding was held on the estate of Ramiko's father and was attended by a number of family members from both sides of the family; Ramiko was attended by her sisters Yukio and Akiko, while Vincent was accompanied by his brother Shinjiro and his cousin Kitsune.
While Hohiro did not attend the wedding, he did provide the simple traditional garment Vincent wore during the ceremony. The media speculated after the wedding that his Hohiro was unhappy with his elder son Shinjiro because of Shinjiro's determination to concentrate on his military career, rather than settling down with a wife, in contrast with Vincent. Naturally, the Dragon hasn't commented on this speculation to date.
 Family tree
|Takashi Kurita||Jasmine Isu|
- Note : According to the Order of Five Pillars and Subhash Indrahar, Hohiro's mother, Tomoe Sakade, was descended from Duncan Cameron of House Cameron, hereditary First Lords of the Terran Hegemony. As such, Hohiro and his descendants could theoretically lay claim to being heirs of the throne of the original Star League. However, given the timing of this revelation, the truth of this claim is somewhat dubious. 
|Commanding General of the Star League Defense Force
3062 – 3067
| Succeeded by|
none (position dissolved)
|Coordinator of the Draconis Combine
3070 – 3???
| Succeeded by|
- Hohiro was named for his great-grandfather, Hohiro Kurita I.
 Portrait Gallery
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 1.3 1.4 1.5 Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 17
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 Shattered Sphere, p. 63, "Hohiro Kurita"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 35, "Heirs To The Dragon"
- ↑ Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, pp. 63-64, "Leaders Gather for Whitting 3067"
- ↑ Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, p. 40, "On the Red Carpet
- ↑ Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, p. 64-65, "Star League Disbands"
- ↑ Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, p. 41, "Death from Above"
- ↑ Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, p. 64, "Tharkad Bombed!"
- ↑ Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, p. 66-67, "Betrayal at the Dragon's Heart
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 12 & Blake Ascending, p. 172, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad Turning Points: Luthien, pp. 6-7, "Combatants"
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 14 & Blake Ascending, p. 174, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 13.0 13.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 16 & Blake Ascending, p. 176, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Dawn of the Jihad & Blake Ascending, p. 69, "Dragon's Son Declares State of Emergency"
- ↑ Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 35, "Dieron"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 47 & Blake Ascending, p. 207, "Dragon Reclaimed!"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 12, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, pp. 35-36, "Showdown"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 27 & Blake Ascending, p. 187, "Saving the Core"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3072, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 12, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 17
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 20, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 25.0 25.1 Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, pp. 12-13
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 34 & 37, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- ↑ 27.0 27.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 60, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 15, "...And To The Republic"
- ↑ 29.0 29.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 39-40, "Coordinator's Sun Weds"
- ↑ Lethal Heritage
- ↑ Blood Legacy
- ↑ Heir to the Dragon pp. 271
- Blood Legacy
- Dawn of the Jihad
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Field Manual: Update
- Grave Covenant
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3072
- Jihad Turning Points: Luthien
- Lethal Heritage
- Lost Destiny
- Malicious Intent
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Prince of Havoc
- Shattered Sphere
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake