|Planetary System Info|
|Position in System||6|
|Time to Jump Point||12 Days|
|Recharging Station||Zenith and Nadir|
|HPG Facility Class||A|
|Percent, Level of Native Life||20%, Mammal|
(References to New Samarkand)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 359.27 Y: 250.38[e]
 The Jihad
Though the former capital of the Draconis Combine had come to resemble a "ghost world" prior to the Jihad, it still boasted the Internal Security College, the Sun Zhang MechWarrior Academy, and four major factory complexes. During the Jihad, Kiyomori Minamoto temporarily relocated the capital to New Samarkand from the 10th of November 3068 while Luthien was under siege.
In spite of its nearly deserted status, the relocation of the Combine's capital and governmental apparatus to the system had had a major effect on the Draconis Combine. After the destruction of Galedon V New Samarkand was made the capital world of the former Galedon Military District, now named the New Samarkand Military District.
The DCMS attempted to redeploy the New Samarkand Militia along with the Toguran Military Garrison to the recently liberated worlds of Deneb Algedi and Telos IV in March 3077. However, the allied coalition rerouted these forces to garrison two newly-freed worlds on the Free Worlds League front, and assigned militia forces from the Federated Suns in their place. This was an act that drew protests from Gunji-no-Kanrei Kiyomori Minamoto to General Belle Lee of the allied coalition.
In addition to the command duties gained during the JIhad, New Samarkand in 3079 hosted seven military manufacturing concerns, several of which relocated to New Samarkand after being driven off their main worlds.
It was from New Samarkand that Coordinator Hohiro Kurita made an announcement on the 25th of May 3079 confirming that he was married to Lady Fiona Kurita, and that they had two sons, Shinjiro and Vincent. By this point, the Coordinator's marriage had been a closely-guarded secret for at least 22 years, and Hohiro stated both family tradition and security concerns as reasons for concealing the existence of his wife and children prior to the announcement. When the Coordinator presented his family to the gathered cultural and political figures and the media, he was accompanied by both cousin Miyako Kurita, the Keeper of House Honor, and the Abbess of the Order of Five Pillars, Lady Mara Selencia. It was commented on at the time that the occasion had a number of similarities to the manner in which Hohiro's father, Theodore, presented his own family to Takashi Kurita for the first time.
As at mid-3081 the military industries located on New Samarkand were continuing to grow; the new BBP Industries line had yet to open, and the Combine was successfully keeping details of which vessels were to be produced there secret; in addition to the new BBP Industries facility, the upgrades to the Independence plant were anticipated to be bringing designs lost when the Combine lost the world of Quentin back into production.
In orbit above New Samarkand is the Togura, the last surviving Samarkand-class WarShip; the Togura has served as a museum for centuries, although it's condition is poor enough that it barely even serves as a museum.
- Time to Jump Point: 21.94 days
- Number of Satellites: 3 (Jimmu, Kōshō, Chūai)
- Surface Gravity: 1.05
- Atmosphere Pressure: Standard
- Equatorial Temperature: 35°C (Temperate)
- Surface Water Coverage: 70 percent
- Recharging Station: Zenith, Nadir
- ComStar Facility Class: A
 Era Specific Data
- Planetary Chairman: Mahi Sato, Duke of New Samarkand
- ComStar Representative: Precentor Trani Caruba
- Population (3025): 950,000,000
 Planetary Garrison
 3025 to 3050 to 3059
- - At this point in time the 45th operating at 5% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - The Otomo operating at 30% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - The Izangi operating at 30% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - The 9th operating at 25% of full strength, with 60% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Manufacturing Centers & Companies
- BBP Industries
- DeHuego & Freshet WarShip Design
- Independence Weaponry
- Luthien Armor Works
- Nav Hull
- New Samarkand Metals
- Osaka Heavy Metrics
- Wakazashi Enterprises
- Yan Manufacturing
 Owner History
- 2581 - Draconis Combine 
- 2596 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine
- 3040 - Draconis Combine
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine
- 3062 - Draconis Combine
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3130 - Draconis Combine 
 Nearby Planets
| Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years) |
Closest planets first:
|Ban Na San||28.17||1||DC||DC||DC||DC||DC||DC||DC|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 27
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: 3070, p. 27 & Blake Ascending, p. 187, "Saving the Core"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 46, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 30, "Official Update"
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.6 5.7 Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 28
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 60, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 Jihad Final Reckoning, p. 35, "Heirs To The Dragon"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 14-15, "Capellan Transitional Government Formed"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 89, "New Samarkand Military District"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 216, "Samarkand (Carrier)"
- ↑ 11.0 11.1 11.2 Hous Kurita (The Draconis Combine), "Planet Guide"
- ↑ Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 26
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 41, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 133, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 132, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Updage, p. 70, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p. 109, "Unit Note"
- ↑ 18.0 18.1 Field Manual: Updates, p. 118, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 9, "Dieron Regulars Reimental Status"
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Field Report: DCMS, p. 12, "Genyosha Profile"
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 13, "Sword of Light Profile"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3075, p. 210, "K-3N-KR4 Kiso"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 106, "Reunification War: Outworlds Alliance Front Deployments (2581)"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- ↑ Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- ↑ Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere "
- ↑ Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- 20 Year Update
- Blake Ascending
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report: DCMS
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3070
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Objectives: Draconis Combine
- Technical Readout: 3075