- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Posts Treasure Trove Of Original ‘Mech Design Docs
- Read more →
Yan Manufacturing is best known for their civilian VTOL designs, for both aerobatic and emergency services.
|Primary Site(s)||New Samarkand|
Yan Manufacturing was formed in 3009 by a retired firefighter on New Samarkand. The company started as a manufacturer of build-it-yourself helicopter kits and put out three of these kits in their first year. This low production rate continued for the next four years until one of their helicopters won an aerobatic competition. The company enjoyed large profits until 3017 when the firefighter died and his wife sold her shares of the company to Luthien Armor Works. The terms of the sale required LAW to keep the Yan Manufacturing name and focus on small, compact VTOLs. LAW agreed readily, and the Soar VTOL debuted in 3018.
The flexibility of the Soar won over emergency responders everywhere it was deployed. Yan Manufacturing took advantage of this to introduce the Peacekeeper VTOL for use by the Civilian Guidance Corps and the ISF. Their first purely military design, the Crow scout helicopter, entered service in 3075. This was followed at the end of the thirty-first century by the Kamakiri Attack VTOL, a design so successful that it was approved for purchase by the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery just two minutes into the first demonstration flight.
Yan Manufacturing has a manufacturing center on the following planet:
|Components produced on New Samarkand:|
|Crow||VTOL - Scout Helicopter|
|Kamakiri Attack VTOL||VTOL|
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|DAV 155 XL||Kamakiri|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|StarGuard Aurora Reflective||Kamakiri|
|Scuti Dualcom||Crow & Kamakiri|
|ER Small Laser|
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 72, "Soar VTOL Profile"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 28
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 20, "Produced Kamakiri Components"
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 42, "Produced Crow Components"