- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Use|| Search and Rescue |
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis Type (Size)||VTOL (Medium)|
|Power Plant||Electric (Fuel Cell)|
|Fuel (Type/Range)||952 km|
|Barrier Armor Rating (BAR)||BAR 4|
|Crew||2 (2 enlisted/non-rated)|
The SOAR (Search-Over And Rescue) VTOL was produced by Yan Manufacturing of New Samarkand in 3018 of the thirty-first century. LAW owned the company, and produced the SOAR to compete with Wakazashi Airframe’s AirRescue model.
Equipment and Capabilities
The SOAR is equipped with Paramedic Equipment which allows it to handle up to four patients. The vehicle is capable of handling 6 passengers. It features Environmental Sealing Chassis modification to protect the passengers and crew from environmental hazards. Its side door has a small myomer tether to help with winching victims or crew from hostile situations.
The vehicle features an Electric Fuel Cell Engine which allows it sustain itself and to reach speeds of up to 120 kilometers per-hour. The hull of the craft is thinly protected with only 0.5 tons of BAR 4 Grade armor.
As of this writing, there are no published Record Sheets for this vehicle.
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex, p. 72, "Soar"
- Technical Readout: Vehicle Annex Revised, p. 76, "Soar VTOL"
- Master Unit List: Soar