- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Tech Base|| Inner Sphere |
|Ammo Per Ton||6|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||50,000|
|BV (2.0)|| 127/25 for launcher|
16 for ammo
This article is about the missile weapon. For the BattleMech of the same name, see Thunderbolt.
First developed by the Federated Commonwealth in the mid-3050s for the Solaris arenas, the Thunderbolt launcher is an offshoot of standard LRM technology. Instead of firing a group of ten missiles, the Thunderbolt 10 launcher fires a single missile that inflicts as much damage as an Autocannon/10. This increased damage is made up for by the slightly reduced range and increases to the weapon's heat and weight. The Thunderbolt missile is also more vulnerable to anti-missile systems.
- Tactical Operations p. 347 - Thunderbolt Missile Launcher
- Tactical Operations, pp. 410-411
- Unbound, p. 70