|Manufacturer||Confederation Defense Corporation|
Bell Refit Yards
|Armor||Ceres Shield 2.2|
|Communications System||Zenith Sqwak Box 4|
|Targeting Tracking System||Maul Missile Track|
|Jump Jets||Anderson Propulsion 12|
The Firebee was the first BattleMech produced by the Capellan Confederation and was widely known for its use of Inferno missiles. Originally named the "Weapon-Armed 'Mech" (WAM), an observer noted that a second-generation version was not a "WAM-B", but a "Fire-B". The 2E model began production on Exedor. The factory that produced the Firebee was destroyed during the First Succession War.
The Firebee has a top speed of 86 km/h, fast for a light 'Mech of its day. It was also quite maneuverable, with enough jump jets to leap 150 meters in the air. Six tons of armor provides significant protection for such a small machine.
The 2E Firebee mounts a Star Cutter 80cm Large Laser, giving it respectable firepower. Up close, four Maui Crossbow SRM-2 launcher can unleash eight missiles. Whether it is using Inferno rounds or not, something that its two tons of ammunition allows MechWarriors to utilize on a regular basis, the Firebee is a potent anti-vehicle platform.
- WAM-B/FRB-1E - The original Firebee used a single LRM-5 backed up by a trio of SRM-2s. The Primitive Engine provided a top speed of 85 km/h, more than enough to engage armored vehicles and infantry, and supporting heavier units. The lack of jump jets, combined with six and a half tons of Primitive Armor, forced pilots to pay attention to the terrain to insure they could move effectively. BV (2.0) = 452
- FRB-3E - Two Firebees leftover from the Age of War were upgraded in 3071 when Sun-Tzu Liao revealed that he had survived the WarShip bombardment of Sian. They are protected by Stealth Armor and the requisite Guardian ECM Suite. Trading on the 'Mech's name, the Large Laser is replaced with a Plasma Rifle and the SRMs gave way to a multi-missile launcher. BV (2.0) = 1,067
 Design Quirks
- Difficult to Maintain
- Extended Torso Twist
- Non-Standard Parts
- Poor Workmanship
- Weak Legs
- ↑ Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 7
- ↑ MUL online date for the Firebee
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 3
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 242-243, "Firebee Profile"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 227
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 140
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 228
- ↑ Master Unit List, "Firebee introduction dates"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 229
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 141
- ↑ Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 4