- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Hellespont 'Mech Works|
|Armor||Hellespont Lite Ferro-Fibrous|
|Engine||Hermes 210 XL|
|Communications System||Zenith Sqwak Box 7|
|Targeting Tracking System||Apple Churchill 2000 w/TAG & Remote Sensor Dispenser|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
|Jump Jets||240 meters|
The Yinghuochong is a mid thirty-second century Light BattleMech, first produced by the Capellan Confederation. The Yinghuochong, which translates from Chinese as "Firefly", was built on a modified chassis of the Confederation's first BattleMech, the Firebee. The design is able to act as a scout killer with its weapon and equipment layout, while also being able to dispense remote sensors to aid friendly forces in spotting and targeting enemy units.
Weapons and Equipment
The Yinghuochong's sole weapon is a Clan Sea Fox-produced Type DDS "Kingston" Extended-Range Particle Projection Cannon. The powerful Clan-tech weapon allows the Yinghuochong to swiftly take down an enemy, without relying on ammunition. While integrating the Clan technology, the builders discovered an effective cooling jacket included with the Kingston, keeping the weapon cooler than traditional ER PPCs.
In its head section, the Yinghuochong has a Remote Sensor Dispenser, with the standard 30 remote sensors payload. Additionally, it is able to spot for artillery fire with a TAG unit mounted in its right arm actuator.
- Firebee - The Capellan Confederation's first BattleMech, and the design upon which the Yinghuochong is based.
The Yinghuochong YHC-3E is subject to the following Design Quirks;
- MUL online date for the Yinghuochong
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp.31,81 Yinghuochong - "BV2"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 89
- Translation of the name Yinghuochong
- Era Report: 3145, pp. 24-25 "Invasion of Federated Suns beginning in 3144 till 3145."
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp.30 Yinghuochong - "Background info"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp.30-31, 81 Yinghuochong - "Stats"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, pp.30, 82 Yinghuochong - "YHC-3Y Variant details & stats"
- Record Sheets: 3145 Unabridged, p. 90