(References to Tabayama)
Tabayama neighbouring systems
|Recharge time||171 hours|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||25°C (Cool-Temperate|
|Highest native life||Fish|
|Reference Year||3025 - 3079|
|Ruler|| Governor: Hiroshi Bartusiak (2581)|
Arthur Ezposa, Earl of Tabayama (3025)
|Population|| 2,000,000,000 (3025)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Restbert Garinger) (3025)|
- 2571 - Outworlds Alliance 
- 2581 - Outworlds Alliance (occupied by Draconis Combine forces from September) 
- 2585 - Draconis Combine 
- 2750 - Draconis Combine 
- 2765 - Draconis Combine 
- 3025 - Draconis Combine 
- 3030 - Draconis Combine 
- 3040 - Draconis Combine 
- 3050 - Draconis Combine 
- 3052 - Draconis Combine 
- 3057 - Draconis Combine 
- 3059 - Draconis Combine 
- 3063 - Draconis Combine 
- 3067 - Draconis Combine 
- 3075 - Draconis Combine 
- 3079 - Draconis Combine 
- 3081 - Draconis Combine 
- 3085 - Draconis Combine 
- 3130 - Raven Alliance 
- 3135 - Raven Alliance 
- 3145 - Raven Alliance 
The planet has three landmasses, Kitatsuru where the capital city Yamanashi is located, Maudlin and Joy.
Originally an Outworlds Alliance colony populated largely by pacifistic farmers and miners, Tabayama was an early target during the invasion of the Alliance by Star League forces during the Reunification War. In the run-up to the Star League campaign against the Alliance, the commander of the Outworlds Alliance Militia had deployed 2 battalions of the 1st Armored Division to Tabayama under the command of Chairman Elaine Perez with orders to construct defensive works and to reinforce the existing indigenous battalion of light armor already in place. Both the population and the governor of Tabayama resented the presence of the 1st Armored Division forces on the planet, the former believing that the presence of 1st Division forces would attract aggression from the Star League, while the latter believed that the 1st Division forces threatened his control of Tabayama.
Governor Bartusiak felt that the best protection for his world was to pursue a pro-Kurita agenda covertly, and he had already been in contact with nearby Kuritan governors; his communications led directly to the commander of the Draconis Combine forces supporting the SLDF task force to request Tabayama as an early target for the Combine contingent. Between the machinations of Bartusiak and the local population, Chairman Perez was still attempting to access enough manpower and resources to construct defenses for Tabayama when the 4th Galedon Regulars landed on 11 August 2581. Not only did Bartusiak surrender the world to the Combine forces, but he also pointed out the presence of elements of the 1st Armored Division on Tabayama, and the location of their DropShips.
Despite the lack of support Chairman Perez's forces had been offered prior to the arrival of the 4th Galedon Regulars, protests erupted outside every Combine camp and in most major communities against the Combine and Bartusiak, enabling Chairman Perez to marshal the 1st Armored Division forces and the local militia forces and launch attacks on the Galedon Regulars. This was just the beginning of two weeks of raids conducted by Alliance forces across Tabayama, alongside protests and strikes from the civilian population and two separate assassination attempts against Bartusiak.
After these two weeks of Alliance attacks and civil unrest the Regulars reacted violently, using tactics similar to those already used on Santiago; protests were broken using live fire and BattleMech maneuvers, tripling the death toll from the conflict to date literally overnight. The culmination of this heavy-handed reaction was the death of 400 protesters in the settlement of Yamabad on the night of the 29th of August, which resulted in Chairman Perez ordering her armored battalions to attack the Combine forces controlling Yamabad two days later. Although this attack cost the 1st Armored Division 27 armored vehicles, it cost the Kuritan forces 10 'Mechs and left the city in the hands of the Alliance forces. This also left the Alliance forces in control of the spaceport and cargo DropShips at Yamabad, and it was around these key assets that the Alliance forces formed a collapsing defense in the face of a battalion-strength attack from the Regulars 36 hours later. The battle raged for two hours before Chairman Perez finally withdrew, taking two companies of armor and 2,000 civilians away from Tabayama.
Despite the departure of the Outworlds Alliance Militia forces on the 2nd of September, protests against Bartusiak and the Combine continued even after the Combine replaced Bartusiak and his administration with a Combine governor and staff. The protests didn't begin to subside until December of 2581, when the Combine garrison executed 1,000 people chosen at random, although the integration of Tabayama into the Combine didn't really begin until 2583, aided by a mass influx of settlers from the Combine. Bartusiak was assassinated himself just two weeks after being replaced.
On the 25th of July 2585 the Treaty of Cerberus was signed, declaring peace between those involved in the conquest of the Outworlds Alliance, and when the treaty took effect on the 1st of August Tabayama and 13 other planets were formally seceeded to the Draconis Combine as a part of the treaty terms.
In the 31st century Tabayama was the capital world of the Galedon Military District's Periphery prefecture. Most of the citizens were employed in running the prefecture's government. Interestingly, the importation of white-tailed deer from Terra had led to an ecological crisis; lacking natural predators, these deer reproduced so quickly that the human population was in constant danger of losing their croplands. In 3025 more than two million citizens of Tabayama were employed as hunters, and they were barely able to keep the deer population under control.
Tabayama took advantage of their deer problem by exporting venison to several nearby worlds.
Between the 10th and 14th of July the undefended Draconis Combine worlds of Enif, Galedon V and Tabayama were raided by the Swift Wing Naval Assault Star from Clan Snow Raven. The raids appeared to be in retaliation for the destruction of the Snow Raven WarShip White Cloud by Combine agents.
The Dark Age
It was on Tabayama in 3088 that a bold pirate raid met a fiery end at the hands of the new Void Minelayer battle armor suits which had only recently entered service with the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery; the battle armor squads sowed conventional mines in a pattern designed to funnel the pirate 'Mechs in one particular direction, towards one of the granary storage districts. When the pirates attempted to use this route out of the minefield, they discovered that the Void suits had sown the path with inferno mines, turning the 'Mechs into torches.
- 2 battalions, 1st Armored Division (until September)
- CO: Chairman Elaine Perez
- 1 battalion light armor
- - At this point in time the 19th Galedon Regulars were deployed across Kazanka and Tabayama. The 19th was at 85% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
- - At this point in time the 16th operating at 75% of full strength, with 76% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
| Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). |
Closest planets first:
|Ban Na San||49.85||2||DC||DC||DC||DC||DC||DC||DC|
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 183, "Tabayama Planet Guide"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 32, "Tabayama"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 113, "Tabayama"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 147, "Outworlds Alliance after Age of War (2571) and at the Fall of the Star League (2750)"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 126, "Year Five: Peace In Our Time"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3057"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Outworlds Alliance"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere - 3063"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 150, "Outworlds Alliance (3067)
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 21, "Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery Deployment Map - August 3079"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 64, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 45, "The Jihad In Review"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 10, "Void (Minelayer)"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 183, "A Brief Atlas"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 141, "Outworlds Alliance Front"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 138 "Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 118, "Draconis Combine Deployment Table"
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 10, "Galedon Regulars Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 51, "DCMS Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 174, "Clan Force Deployments - Alliance Militia Corps"
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Updates
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objectives: Draconis Combine
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition
- Technical Readout: Prototypes