- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
The Genyosha was originally formed in 3027 by order of Coordinator Takashi Kurita by his cousin and excellent military commander Yorinaga Kurita, to become an elite military formation that answers only to the Coordinator himself. The unit was principally created as a counter to the highly mobile mercenary unit known as the Kell Hounds, whom had disgraced Yorinaga on Mallory's World. The unit has been among most elite military forces in the Combine, being lead by future Coordinator Hohiro Kurita during the Clan War and fought in the Great Refusal.
Yorinaga Kurita chose fifty elite warriors from across the DCMS to form the core of the Genyosha. These warriors were trained not only in combat skills, but tested to ensure that they understood the value of determination, self-sacrifice, and dedication to duty. These values became core beliefs for these early Genyosha warriors, and they in turn passed them on to the newer members of the unit. After a few years, an elite unit was born, and regarded by the DCMS High Command as the equal of the 2nd Sword of Light.
Both elite Genyosha regiments proved their worth time and time again throughout the Clan Invasion, with the First bringing the Combine two major victories: the Battles of Wolcott and Luthien. While aiding the fight on Luthien, the Second was not so lucky: by the Battle of Tukayyid only a battalion survived, with Tai-sa Asano recommending the unit be temporarily retired so it could be carefully rebuilt to ensure its elite status was not diluted. The reborn Second returned to active service in June 3057.
Units of the Genyosha
Color Scheme and Insignia
- Both Genyosha regiments originally used the same paint scheme, ash gray with no accents, but after its return to service in 3057 the Second has added thin black stripes to accent its machines.
- All Genyosha regiments use the same insignia, a black tsunami full of stars. Both regiments prominently display this on the upper left torso or upper left arm, and on an appropriate spot on vehicles or fighters. The dragon crest of House Kurita is displayed on the upper right leg of each 'Mech or equivalently on other vehicle types.
- Era Report: 3052, p. 29