- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
The first-of-class ship of the Zechetinu-class of corvettes, the Tirana was also the prototype for the programme, and by 3059, was in active service as the FWLS Tirana. The Tirana consistently outclassed other ships in her weight class in trials and exercises, leading to the Free Worlds League placing orders for another ten ships of the class; the most remarkable event during the Tirana's early career was the mock-destruction of the much heavier Agamemnon-class heavy cruiser FWLS Aineas in battle exercises while under the command of Captain Romero Gorshin. As one of four WarShips in the League's "public fleet" at the time, the Tirana was stationd at the SelaSys Incorporated shipyards at Loyalty.
By 3067, the Tirana had been in service for the better part of a decade and was one of four corvettes of her class known to be on active service, serving alongside the FWLS Attica, FWLS Karelia, and FWLS Sparta.
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 117, "FWLS Tirana"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 144, "Ships Of The FWL"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 128, "Captured Ships"