Cosby BattleMech and Myomer Research Firm
- Clan Invasion Approaches $2 Million Stretch Goal, Teases UrbanMech Plushie
- What’s up with Catalyst? at GenCon 2019
- MechWarrior 5 Confirmed As Epic Games Store Exclusive
- Clan Invasion Boxed Set Funded In 7 Freakin’ Minutes, Catalyst Frantically Throwing Up Stretch Goals
- Is MechWarrior 5 About To Go Epic Exclusive?
- Read more →
|Cosby BattleMech and Myomer Research Firm|
|Primary Site(s)|| Kajikazawa|
|Primary Products|| Battle Armor|
Originally a technology research firm dedicated to studying new Myomer applications, Cosby BattleMech and Myomer Research Firms (previously known as Cosby Myomer Research Firm and Cosby BattleMech Research Firm) success with Triple Strength Myomer and Battle Armor construction has catapulted into being a full-fledged military manufacturer, with several high-profile contracts with the Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery. 
Originally located on Vega, the then Cosby Myomer Research Firm was one of the few operational manufacturers left on that planet, producing myomer bundles for 'Mechs. In the later years of the Third Succession War the company was known for lack of good business morals, its CEO at the time rumored to be wanted in the Lyran Commonwealth for the murder of a Lyran trader. The ISF reportedly turned a blind eye to much of these less than legal dealings as they were aimed primarily at the Commonwealth traders who visited Vega. 
Working in close cooperation with the ill-famed 11th Legion of Vega which are known for it's ex-commander Theodore Kurita, regiment, which also had a very competent techs and even full-blown research and design team, the factory has received thorough this a considerable quantity of the advanced technologies and the technical decisions, which allowed to transform own new-tech Myomer technologies into mighty No-Dachi Heavy BattleMech, in a exchange for half of all produced 'Mechs.
By taking funding from the Coordinator, CBMR choose to make another, non-tainted by association with the Legion of Vega, (like a No-Dachi), 'Mech, more fitting for picky, honor-obsessed units of the DCMS. By acquiring through hostile takeover manufacturing rights to the Crusader 'Mech, they made a complete restyling of the ancient machine, with their new 'Mechs finding a place into Sword of Light and Ryuken regiments.  While initially popular, by 3067 sales of Cosby's new Crusader were considered so lackluster that company CEO Watanabe made the expensive decision to redesign two of its production lines to accommodate manufacture of the No-Dachi. Additionally the new factories have been problematic from a worker safety standpoint, ultimately triggering an extensive investigation by the Combine's Bureau of Worker Protection which almost shut down the two reconfigured lines entirely. These problems triggered calls from Cosby's board for Watanabe's resignation. 
With Vega coming under heavy attack by the Word of Blake during the Jihad, House Kurita ordered Cosby to relocate its production lines deeper into the Combine prior to the world falling to the Blakists. The company moved to the Benjamin Military District world of Kajikazawa and quickly resumed full production, amazing observers given the massive undertaking of the relocation and the fact it occurred during the worst combat since the First Succession War.  While the company's production lines was running at full capacity by 3079, a lack of suitable shipping to and from the formerly backwater world hampered off-world delivery. While the DCMS high command worked to correct this, the bulk of the Cosby's output went to 2nd Benjamin Regulars tasked with defending Kajikazawa and the company.
Given its successful relocation, Cosby received significant government funding to develop an advanced BattleMech using Experimental Technology. While its exact specifications were unknown by 3079, the design was rumored to be "something truly fearsome". 
Cosby BattleMech and Myomer Research Firm has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
|Components produced on Kajikazawa:|
|Phoenix Hawk L||Light BattleMech (as of 3101)|
|Phoenix Hawk||Medium BattleMech|
|NDA-3X No-Dachi||Heavy BattleMech|
|Foundation CMRFa 12 Endo Steel||Phoenix Hawk L|
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|GM 210 XL||Phoenix Hawk L|
|Rawlings 55||Phoenix Hawk L|
|Armor - BattleMechs & Vehicles|
|Durallex Light w/CASE||Phoenix Hawk L|
|Sipher CommCon SCU-4||Phoenix Hawk L|
|Matabushi Sentinel Insulated||Phoenix Hawk L|
|ER Medium Laser|
|Victory 23E||Phoenix Hawk L|
|Matabushi Stunner||Phoenix Hawk L|
|Shigunga||Phoenix Hawk L|
|Heavy Machine Gun|
|Sperry Browning||Phoenix Hawk L|
|Components produced on Vega:|
|NDA-1K No-Dachi ||Heavy BattleMech|
|NDA-2K No-Dachi ||Heavy BattleMech|
|KDA-2KO No-Dachi ||Heavy BattleMech|
|CRD-5K Crusader ||Heavy BattleMech|
|Inner Sphere Standard||Medium Battle Armor|
|Triple Strength Myomer|
|Cosby ThermoFlex|||
|Fusion Engine - XL|
|Nissan 260 XL||Crusader|
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 158 "Pillar of Jade (Economics) - Direct Service (Military) Corporations - Cosby BattleMech and Myomer Research Firm"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 190 "A Brief Atlas - Dieron Military District - Vega"
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 121
- Field Manual: Draconis Combine, p. 123, p. 162
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, p. 41.
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 37 "Upcoming Projects - Cosby BattleMech and Myomer Research Firm"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 20, "Produced Components"
- Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 4, "State of the Industry Table"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Draconis Combine, p. 30, "Produced Phoenix Hawk L Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Kurita, p. 5
- Technical Readout: 3067 p. 146
- Technical Readout: Project Phoenix, pp. 29-30
- Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade p.27