- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Cosby BattleMech Research Firm|
|Engine||Magna 350 XL|
|Communications System||Garret T11-A|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret D5j|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double Heat Sinks|
The No-Dachi was designed in the mid to late 3050s by Cosby as a test bed for two new technologies. The first was the Sword. The seven-meter long katana that the 'Mech wields was designed to counter the Hatchet used by some Federated Commonwealth 'Mechs. Because the samurai mindset had been so successfully drilled into the warriors of the Draconis Combine, they were loathe to use a "barbaric" ax. The second new technology was the Triple Strength Myomer that had been pioneered by the Federated Suns. The new melee weapon, combined with the improved myomers, make the No-Dachi a dangerous in-fighter.
Weapons and Equipment
The No-Dachi is built around its Sword. The Lord's Light 2 ER PPC is the 'Mech's only respectable long-range weapon. Most of the damage potential lies with the inaccurate dual Shigunga MRM-20s, a stark contrast to the elegant katana. In close ranges, the 'Mech benefits from the Guided Technologies SRM-2, Telos-4 SRM-4, and Diverse Optics Type 20 Medium Laser. The variety of weapons is a necessity to a pilot that must ensure his 'Mech runs hot in order to benefit from the new myomers.
- The 2K variant has been altered to be even more dangerous in close quarters. The advantages are at the expense of its long-range weaponry, however. The ER PPC is downgraded to an ER Large Laser and the MRM-20s to MRM-10s. The resulting weight savings are used to upgrade the Medium Laser to a Medium Pulse Laser and add four more of the same. The remaining tonnage is devoted to an additional double heat sink, a Guardian ECM Suite, and a single Small Laser. BV (1.0)=1,216, BV (2.0) = 1,719
- The newer 2KO was designed to be even more lethal up-close than the 2K. This variant removes the MRMs entirely and changes the Large Laser to a Large Pulse Laser. An additional Medium Pulse Laser and Small Pulse Laser were added, as well as a Flamer and three more double heat sinks. A ton and a half of armor has been added to the 'Mech's rear to provide addition protection as has a pair of ER Medium Lasers. BV (1.0)=1,303, BV (2.0) = 1,739
- Apparently developed from units captured by the Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces, this variant completely overhauls the weapons mix. The left arm carries a pair of Medium Variable Speed Pulse Lasers, a Medium Pulse Laser, and a Small Pulse Laser. The two side torsos are each equipped with a Small Laser, Medium Pulse Laser, and ER Medium Laser, while the head mounts an additional Small Laser. The Sword on the right arm has been replaced with a BattleMech sized Mace. A Guardian ECM Suite is mounted in the center torso to disrupt enemy command networks. BV (2.0) = 1,679
- Developed in 3075, the NDA-3X is Experimental Tech variant of the No-Dachi. The 'Mech employs mix of Clan and Inner Sphere experimental equipment. The 3X does not use Triple Strength Myomers, instead utilizing a Supercharger, which gives it a burst of speed up to 100 km/h. Its sword is exchanged for a Large Vibroblade. For its ranged weapons, the MRMs have been removed for pair of Clan Artemis IV-guided LRM-15 launchers with two tons of ammo. It also replaces its ER PPC with a Clan version. For close-up combat, the 'Mech's SRM launchers have been removed in favor of upgrading the Medium Laser to a Clan ER model and adding a rear-firing Clan ER Small Laser in the torso. Its heat management been improved by replacing its original heat sinks with fifteen Clan Double Heat Sinks. The armor protection has been enhanced by Clan Ferro Fibrous Armor and an experimental Armored Cockpit. BV (2.0) = 2,609
- Ninyu Kerai Indrahar, Director of the Internal Security Force, piloted a No-Dachi during the early years of the Jihad.
- MUL online date for the No-Dachi
- Combat Operations, p. 125
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 128
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 129
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 100
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3067 Unabridged, p. 131
- XTRO: Kurita, p. 5 & 18 NDA-3X No-Dachi
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade p. 146, "Ronin Gordon Levi"