22nd Skye Rangers
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- The Challenge With Balance in MechWarrior Online
- First BattleTech of 2018: Republic vs Free Worlds League
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Read more →
|Twenty-second Skye Rangers|
|Unit Profile (as of 3062)|
The Virgins or Katrina's Bonnie Bairns' (3025)
|Parent Formation||Skye Rangers|
In 3013 the Twenty-second tried to defend diamond storehouse from a raid by the Ninth Rasalhague Regulars. They were unsuccessful, and the Regulars made off with large amounts of diamonds for use in 'Mech armor.
During the Fourth Succession War the Twenty-second Skye Rangers successfully captured the Draconis Combine-held worlds of Al Hillah on its own during the first wave of Operation Götterdämmerung, later joining the 3rd Donegal Guards and 4th Lyran Regulars to capture Grumium in the follow-up wave. 
War of 3039 to Falcon Incursion
Its loyalty to Tharkad regarded questionably by the LCAF High Command following the Fourth Succession War, the Twenty-second Skye Rangers were not slated for offensive operations during the War of 3039, remaining stationed on Fatima during the bulk of the conflict. After local pirates and slavers took advantage of the redeployment of other Lyran units from the Commonwealth's Periphery border to the Combine front to repeatedly raid the world of Engadine, the LCAF responded by transferring the Twenty-second to the planet, serving as a focal point for the defense of the region. Never a strong unit, the Twenty-second struggled to improve upon its general level of experience against the scattered low level pirate raiders it encountered, hampered by the Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth and later Lyran Alliance Armed Forces using the Twenty-second as a sink unit and assigned their malcontents to the regiment.   
While many observers expected the Twenty-second to fold easily when the Jade Falcons attacked the world in 3058, but instead they fought well, holding the Falcons off for six days. They were poised to push the Second Falcon Jaegers off the world when the Seventh Falcon Regulars dropped behind them. Though eventually defeated the Falcons were so impressed that they took the survivors as bondsmen. After the withdrawal from Coventry these bondsmen were released and returned to the Alliance.
To rebuild the unit, the LAAF High Command decided to merge the survivors of the Tenth Skye Rangers, destroyed during the Falcon invasion of Coventry, with the survivors of the Twenty-second. While officially the LAAF choose to retain the Twenty-second over the more prestigious Tenth was because of the green unit's intact command staff, observers from Free Skye have pointed out the decision was an attempt by Archon Katherine Steiner-Davion to bury the fact that elements of the Tenth were involved in Victor Steiner-Davion's successful ejection of the Jade Falcon's from Coventry.This allowed the regiment to rebuild quickly, but integration issues troubled the unit.
FedCom Civil War
The Twenty-second spent most of the FedCom Civil War moving towards Skye. In the first wave they moved to Miquelon. They then moved to Krievci before landing on Cameron in the third wave. In 3065 the Fourth Skye Rangers tried to conquer the important industrial world of Hesperus II, alongside the Seventeenth Skye Rangers, the Twenty-second Skye Rangers and the Thirty-second Lyran Guards, but were beaten back by the Gray Death Legion, Fifteenth Lyran Guards and 36th Skye Guards. The Skye forces had to retreat.
After the FedCom Civil War the Twenty-second survived as an active command, despite being grossly under-strength, because of the direct influence of Duke Robert Kelswa-Steiner and the weakness of the central Lyran government. By 3067 the Twenty-second was still only able to field a reinforced company of 'Mechs, but Duke Kelswa-Steiner insisted on retaining the command on the active rolls in recognition of its service to Free Skye. The Twenty-second was stationed on Skye at the eve of the Jihad.
In September 3073 the Fifty-second Shadow Division attacked Caledonia, wiping out the defending Twenty-second Rangers; according to intelligence obtained by the Draconis Combine noble Chandrasekhar Kurita, famed for his espionage network, the Fifty-second specifically hunted down and killed every single member of the Twenty-second during the attack. It was subsequently confirmed that the Twenty-second had been destroyed by Apollyon and the Fifty-second Shadow Division, which had dropped directly on top of the Rangers, who were attempting to rebuild on Caledonia; the only survivors of the attack were the Twenty-second's administration staff.
|Commanding Officers of the 22nd Skye Rangers|
|Francisco de Argall.||3058 to 3062|
They prefer surprise attacks. Contrary to most other Lyran units, they have a lot of light Mechs.
22nd Skye Rangers (Regular/Fanatical)
22nd Skye Rangers (Green/Questionable)
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, pp. 18-19, "Skye Rangers" - Regimental Status
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 61, "Regimental Nicknames"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 12, "On The Precipice"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 15, "Skye Rangers"
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 74
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 118 (pdf version), "Unit Deployment Table"
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 92 "House Steiner - Other Notable Personalities of 3076 - Thomas Hogarth"
- Fourth Succession War: Military Atlas Volume 1, p. 45 Operation Götterdämmerung - 22nd Skye Rangers"
- 20 Year Updatye, p. 28 "Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth (Deployment as of 3050) - Periphery March - Main Street Theater - Neerabup Command - 22nd Skye Rangers"
- Objective Raids, p. 21
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 4
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 8
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 102, "22nd Skye Rangers Unit Profile"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 69
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 89
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 105
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 173, "Skye Rangers"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 177, "Skye Province"
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 33, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 12
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 138 "Deployment Table - Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces - Skye Rangers - 22nd Skye Rangers
- 20 Year Update
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook)
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report 2765: LCAF
- Field Report: LAAF
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion
- The Dying Time (novel)
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised