32nd Lyran Guards
- MWO Benefit Tournament For MechWarrior Family That Lost Home Due To Fire
- Community Outreach - TwinkyOverlord of EmpyreaL, Current MWO Champs!
- Animated MechWarrior Series Cancelled After Being Hit With Cease and Desist
- A Special New Year's Community Outreach - Nic from Sarna!
- Did You Know? - Scout ‘Mechs
- Read more →
|32nd Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Fürst Hohenlohe (2765)|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Guards|
The 32nd Lyran Guards are a long-serving unit in the LCAF.
Star League Era
During the Star League era the 32nd Lyran Guards was one of six regiments within the 4th Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 32nd lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the 32nd Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 32nd Guards and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the 32nd and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
In the mid-2760s the 32nd Guards had been deployed on a bandit-hunting exercise in the Kirchbach system when a freak JumpShip accident wiped out two of the Guards's battalions. Stationed on Harvest in 2765, the unit was still reeling from the effects of the tragic accident at Kirchbach.
In 3007 the unit was part of a raid on the Free Worlds League world of Danais, operating alongside the mercenary unit Snord's Irregulars. The mission had been devised during a planning session involving Cranston Snord and Archon Katrina Steiner in mid-3007; Cranston Snord's interest in Danais was actually a DropShip carrying valuable musical instruments which had been shot down over the world's jungles during the fall of the Star League. What Snord didn't know was that the Free Worlds League was building an aerospace fighter production facility on Danais and had reinforced the local garrison accordingly. Worse still, the two derelict DropShips that the Irregulars had identified actually contained the FWLM garrison HQ. Snord’s Irregulars prevailed, however, and captured both the FWL command staff and a collection of instruments for their museum on Clinton. The capture of the entire command staff of the Twenty-first Marik Militia was a sufficiently ignominious defeat that the Twenty-first was disbanded as a command.
Since the Fourth Succession War the 32nd Guards mostly spent time on the Free Worlds League/Lyran Commonwealth border. For much of that time, they were stationed on Solaris VII, the Game World. In 3057 the High Command reassigned them to New Kyoto as that world's garrison. When rioting broke out on Solaris, a battalion of troops from the 32nd returned to establish order. Instead of separating the combatants however, the 32nd warriors openly sided with the Silesian duelists against the gladiators from the Davion-backed Black Hills. Their presence did bring the fighting to a halt but the skilled duelists from the arenas destroyed nearly every Guard 'Mech that was sent to face them.
Splitting the unit across Solaris and New Kyoto made it difficult to rebuild, and to add insult to injury the 32nd had been made subordinate to the 17th Arcturan Guards, the other LAAF unit on Solaris.
FedCom Civil War
During the FedCom Civil War, the 32nd Guards broke their oath to the Lyran Alliance and attacked the 17th Arcturan Guards on Solaris. The fighting was heavy, with the 32nd taking serious losses. A combined force of mercenaries on Solaris destroyed the their command structure, which later allowed the 2nd Donegal Guards to destroy three quarters of the unit.
During the Jihad the 32nd Guards were redeployed to the Lyran Commonwealth/Clan Jade Falcon border to guard against Clan adventurism. Though they saw no action against the Falcons, the soldiers of the unit spent considerable time in the company of socialites who accompanied them from Tharkad.
The unit received its nickname because no opposing force has ever completely stopped it.
|Commanding Officers of the 32nd Lyran Guards|
|Marshal||Gustav Van Buren.||3050 to 3054|
During the riots the unit has learned to fight in urban environments.
32nd Lyran Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the 32nd was based on Harvest.
32nd Lyran Guards (Green/Reliable)
32nd Lyran Guards RCT (Green/Reliable)
32nd Lyran Guards Aerospace Brigade
- (currently non-combat effective)
32nd Lyran Guards Armor Brigade (3 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
CO: Colonel Eguido Ferreira
Aide: Leutnant Colonel Ives Channayra
- 726th Lyran Panzer Regiment - Leutnant Colonel Durant Ferreira
- 783th Lyran Light Tank Regiment - Leutnant Colonel Clovis Gordon
- 41st New Kyoto Cavalry Regiment - Leutnant Colonel Lina Collard
32nd Lyran Guards Infantry Brigade (5 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
CO: Colonel Sara Jovino
Aide: Leutnant Colonel Nils Varnava
- 82nd New Kyoto Mounted Rifles - Colonel Omar Shulman
- 2nd Lyran Armored Infantry - Colonel Anastasia Osaji
- 8th New Kyoto Mechanized Regiment - Colonel Kiliet Masters
- 4th New Kyoto Force Recon - Colonel Roland Mahoney
- 80th Lyran Military Police Regiment - Colonel Bianca Straford
- After the FedCom Civil War, the 32nd was reduced to a quarter of its nominal strength.
Their unit insignia is a red arrow with a bloody flag.
They are mainly equipped with old Mechs, not yet refitted to the post-Clan Invasion level.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 118
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 36
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 158
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, pp. 20-21 (Scenario "Amber Surprise")
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 90, "Marik Militia"
- 20 Year Update, p. 27, "AFFC Deployment Table"
- Illusions of Victory, p. 165-166
- FedCom Civil War, p. 18, "Flashpoint"
- FedCom Civil War, p. 21, "Flashpoint: Solaris VII"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 83, "32nd Lyran Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, pp. 170, 177
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 101
- Objective Raids, p. 19, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 177, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 108, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 119, "Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137