32nd Lyran Guards
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Thirty-second Lyran Guards|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Nickname||Fürst Hohenlohe (2765)|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Guards|
The Thirty-second Lyran Guards are a long-serving unit in the LCAF.
Star League Era
During the Star League era the Thirty-second Lyran Guards was one of six regiments within the Fourth Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the Thirty-second lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the Thirty-second Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the Thirty-second and her sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps amongst the Thirty-second and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
In the mid-2760s the Thirty-second had been deployed on a bandit-hunting exercise in the Kirchbach system when a freak JumpShip accident wiped out two of the Thirty-second's battalions. Stationed on Harvest in 2765, the Thirty-second was still reeling from the effects of the tragic accident at Kirchbach.
In 3007 the Thirty-second were part of a raid on the Free Worlds League world of Danais, operating alongside the mercenary unit Snord's Irregulars. The mission had been devised during a planning session involving Cranston Snord and Archon Katrina Steiner in mid-3007; Cranston Snord's interest in Danais was actually a DropShip carrying valuable musical instruments which had been shot down over the world's jungles during the fall of the Star League. What Snord didn't know was that the Free Worlds League was building an aerospace fighter production facility on Danais and had reinforced the local garrison accordingly. Worse still, the two derelict DropShips that the Irregulars had identified actually contained the FWLM garrison HQ. Snord’s Irregulars prevailed, however, and captured both the FWL command staff and a collection of instruments for their museum on Clinton. The capture of the entire command staff of the Twenty-first Marik Militia was a sufficiently ignominious defeat that the Twenty-first was disbanded as a command.
Since the Fourth Succession War the Thirty-second mostly spent time on the Free Worlds League/Lyran Commonwealth border. For much of that time, they were stationed on Solaris VII, the Game World. In 3057 the High Command reassigned them to New Kyoto as that world's garrison. When rioting broke out on Solaris, a battalion of troops from the Thirty-second returned to establish order. Instead of separating the combatants however, the Thirty-second's warriors openly sided with the Silesian duelists against the gladiators from the Davion-backed Black Hills. Their presence did bring the fighting to a halt but the skilled duellists from the arenas destroyed nearly every Guard 'Mech that was sent to face them.
Splitting the unit across Solaris and New Kyoto made it difficult to rebuild, and to add insult to injury the Thirty-second had been made subordinate to the Seventeenth Arcturan Guards, the other LAAF unit on Solaris.
FedCom Civil War
During the FedCom Civil War, the Thirty-second broke their oath to the Lyran Alliance and attacked the Seventeenth Arcturan Guards on Solaris. The fighting was heavy, with the Thirty-second taking serious losses. A combined force of mercenaries on Solaris destroyed the Thirty-second's command structure, which later allowed the Second Donegal Guards to destroy three quarters of the unit.
During the Jihad the Thirty-second was redeployed to the Lyran Commonwealth/Clan Jade Falcon border to guard against Clan adventurism. Though they saw no action against the Falcons, the soldiers of the Thirty-second spent considerable time in the company of socialites who accompanied them from Tharkad.
The unit received its nickname because no opposing force has ever completely stopped it.
During the riots the unit has learned to fight in urban environments.
Thirty-second Lyran Guards (Regular/Reliable)
- - At this point in time the Thirty-Second was based on Harvest.
Thirty-second Lyran Guards (Green/Reliable)
Thirty-second Lyran Guards RCT (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Marshal Gustav Van Buren
- CO: Leutnant-General Alice Day
- Aide: Colonel Osbert Fryday
Thirty-second Lyran Guards Aerospace Brigade - (currently non-combat effective)
- CO: Colonel Eguido Ferreira
- Aide: Leutnant-Colonel Ives Channayra
- 726th Lyran Panzer Regiment - Colonel: Durant Ferreira
- 783th Lyran Light Tank Regiment - Colonel: Clovis Gordon
- Forty-first New Kyoto Cavalry Regiment - Colonel: Lina Collard
Thirty-second Lyran Guards Infantry Brigade (5 Regiments/Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Sara Jovino
- Aide: Leutnant-Colonel Nils Varnava
- Eighty-second New Kyoto Mounted Rifles - Colonel: Omar Shulman
- Second Lyran Armored Infantry - Colonel: Anastasia Osaji
- Eighth New Kyoto Mechanized Regiment - Colonel: Kiliet Masters
- Fourth New Kyoto Force Recon - Colonel: Roland Mahoney
- Eightieth Lyran Military Police Regiment - Colonel: Bianca Straford
Thirty-second Lyran Guards RCT (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leutnant-General Ethan Lyle
Thirty-second Lyran Armor Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Eguido Ferreira
Thirty-second Lyran Infantry Brigade (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Sara Jovino
- After the FedCom Civil War, the 32nd was reduced to a quarter of its nominal strength.
Thirty-second Lyran Guards LCT (Regular/Reliable)
- CO: Leutnant-General Sara Jovino
Thirty-secondd Lyran Guard Aerospace (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Kommandant Artturi Chlebek
Thirty-second Lyran Armor Brigade (Regular/Questionable)
- CO: Colonel Gerulf O'Dalaigh
Thirty-second Lyran Infantry Brigade (Green/Reliable)
- CO: Colonel Loukas Fuentes
Their unit insignia is a red arrow with a bloody flag.
They are mainly equipped with old Mechs, not yet refitted to the post-Clan Invasion level.
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 118
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 36
- Technical Readout: 3025 Revised, p. 158
- Cranston Snord's Irregulars, pp. 20-21 (Scenario "Amber Surprise")
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 90, "Marik Militia"
- 20 Year Update, p. 27, "AFFC Deployment Table"
- Illusions of Victory, p. 165-166
- FedCom Civil War, p. 18, "Flashpoint"
- FedCom Civil War, p. 21, "Flashpoint: Solaris VII"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 83, "32nd Lyran Guards Profile"
- Field Manual: Updates, pp. 170, 177
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 101
- Objective Raids, p. 19, "AFFC Deployment Table - 3054"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 177, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3067"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 108, "LAAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 119, "Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137