(References to Kobe)
Kobe neighbouring systems
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
| Jump point
|Highest native life||None|
|Ruler||Sabina Haynes, Duchess of Kobe|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Tuv Stockdale)|
- 2341 - No record 
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2835 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Clan Wolf 
- 3057 - Clan Wolf 
- 3063 - Clan Wolf 
- 3067 - Clan Wolf 
- 3075 - Clan Wolf 
- 3079 - Clan Wolf 
- 3081 - Clan Wolf 
- 3085 - Clan Wolf 
- 3130 - Clan Wolf 
- 3135 - Clan Wolf 
- 3145 - Clan Hell's Horses 
Kobe was originally settled in the early 25th century. At that time the planet had just settled down - the continents and seas had formed, and the volcanoes of a young world were silent for the first time. The founding population of Kobe had died out by the end of the Age of War, but Kobe would be repopulated during the Star League era; Kobe's inhabitants would turn their world into a beautiful garden paradise that featured flora and fauna from across the Inner Sphere. It became a popular vacation spot during the Star League era.
All that changed after the fall of the Star League. Shortly after the Amaris Civil War started, Kobe entered a new phase of volcanic activity. This poured hundreds of tons of ash into the air, blocking sunlight. The world went from a tropical paradise to an arctic wilderness in just a few short years. The inhabitants were able to keep their industrial base producing computer parts, but the radical environmental shifts rendered three of the five continents uninhabitable.
During Operation Revival's Fifth Wave the planet was attacked by Clan Wolf in December 3051. The planet still held a special place in Clan mythology as one of the Inner Sphere's "paradise worlds" and thus the Wolves were disappointed to find it transformed from its former beauty. Under the command of saKhan Garth Radick the entire Beta Galaxy fought against the planet's defenders, the 26th Lyran Guards RCT under the command of Hauptmann General Joy Corelli and the supporting 1st and 2nd Kobe Mechanized Brigades which contributed two battalions of 'Mechs to the fight. The two sides first met at Ash Valley, where an Elemental unit succeeded in infiltrating the Guards' lines and assassinating the general, causing their retreat. Leftenant General Jinders Green-Davion displayed remarkable skill in keeping the Guards' retreat from becoming a rout and proved himself an able commander in the subsequent battles at New Pompeii and Cinder Bay. Unfortunately the Guards took too many losses to keep the Wolves away from the planet's industrial and political center, and they were forced to retreat to Thun, ceding the planet to Clan Wolf.
It was confirmed by one of the BattleTech Developers that Kobe's absence from maps prior to 2750 was due to the world being depopulated after the initial colonization and then subsequently repopulated.
|“||As for Kobe - it was settled in the early 25th, died out for some reason, and was resettled during the Star League.||”|
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 09 Oct 2012|
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 171, "Kobe Planet Guide"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth at their founding in "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 64, "Jinjiro's last years"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132, "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 36039  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Alliance after FedCom Civil War  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p.45, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 167, "Clan Force Deployments - Clan Hell's Horses"
- Clan Wolf Sourcebook, p. 67
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- MechWarrior (1989 Video Game)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1