Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Carse neighboring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-15.777 : 239.059[e]|
|Spectral class||G1V, M1V|
|Recharge station(s)||Zenith, Nadir|
- 1 Carse
- 2 Carse IV
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Geography
- 2.6 Planetary Locations
- 2.7 Nearby Systems
- 2.8 References
- 2.9 Bibliography
The Carse system is located near the Diosd and Galuzzo systems and is dominated by binary stars, one class M1V and one class G1V, orbited by at least four planets. During the thirty-first century recharge stations were in place at both the system nadir and zenith jump points.
The Carse system was colonized at some point during or shortly after the First Exodus from Terra and was a member of the Tamar Pact prior to the formation of the Lyran Commonwealth in the mid-twenty-fourth century.
| Jump point
|Highest native life||Insect|
|Ruler||Jonathan Limpo, Duke of Carse|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Cleont Utro)|
Carse IV—more commonly known simply as Carse—is the fourth planet in the Carse system.
Carse came to be located on the Lyran Commonwealth/Draconis Combine border, abd was the site of many raids and battles over the course of the Succession Wars. In addition to this, the double sun and Carse's unusual orbit provided four cycles of seasons. During a Cold Cycle (which is what Carse was in during the early part of the thirty-first century) the temperature plummeted, oceans froze, and only DropShips and the largest air vehicles could survive the heavy winds. Fortunately for the economy, the petrochemicals and metal ores in the planet's crust could still be routed to the factories that produced plastics and plastisteel. Most of the Succession Wars-era damage was been confined to areas far away from cities. Due to its proximity to the Combine, Carse also served as a waystation for Lyran traders looking to enter or leave Combine space.
In February 3052 Carse was invaded by Clan Wolf as part of the Fifth Wave of Operation REVIVAL. The Red Keshik, Eleventh Wolf Guards and Thirty-seventh Striker Clusters were opposed primarily by the Second Freemen, although approximately a quarter of the Twenty-third Arcturan Guards RCT had refused to rotate off Carse months before, and fought alongside the Freemen. In a rare strategic mistake the Wolf forces made their initial landing on the wrong continent: whereas the capital city New Bonholm and the majority of the planet's resources and industry were on the norther landmass, the Wolf LZ was on the southern one. This gave the Freemen plenty of time to reconnoiter the Wolves and realize just how hopelessly they were outmatched. Thankfully the planet's constant, frigid storms grounded all aerospace forces, giving the Freemen a fighting chance when they confronted the Wolves at Molde and then at Trosa. While they were able to earn the Clan warriors' respect the Freemen could not prevent them from conquering the world, and the regiment was forced to retreat to Ueda. The forces from the Arcturan Guards who had chosen to stay and fight on Carse—including the Seventy-third Guards Jump Regiment and another regiment from the Arcturan Guards Infantry Brigade—were wiped out, with just a handful escaping either death or being taken as bondsmen.apocryphal) BattleTechnology magazine issue #19 showed a view of the planet. On the inside, the cover caption read, "About the Cover: Although the Steiner Emblem is still clearly visible on this zaibatsu orbiting Carse, the manufacturing facility and the planet it circles have belonged to the Jade Falcons since May 3051."
(It should be noted that this would presumably be a misreporting even if considered canonical, as Carse fell to Clan Wolf, not Clan Jade Falcon.)
- 2340 - Tamar Pact 
- 2341 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Free Rasalhague Republic 
- 3050 - Free Rasalhague Republic 
- 3052 - Clan Wolf 
- 3057 - Clan Wolf 
- 3063 - Clan Wolf 
- 3067 - Clan Wolf 
- 3075 - Clan Wolf 
- 3079 - Clan Wolf 
- 3081 - Clan Wolf 
- 3085 - Clan Wolf 
- 3130 - Clan Wolf 
- 3135 - Clan Wolf 
- 3145 - Rasalhague Dominion 
- Grey Keshik
Carse has two main continents, one located in the southern hemisphere and one in the northern.
- Molde: site of a significant battle during Operation REVIVAL.
- New Bonholm: the planetary capital city, located on the northern continent.
- Trosa: site of a significant battle during Operation REVIVAL.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Fort Loudon||34.2||La Grave||36.3||Rasalgethi||37.5||Hyperion||38.2|
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 171, "Carse Planet Guide"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Tamar Pact world within the Lyran Commonwealth before  and after at their founding in "
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 68
- MechWarrior (1989 Video Game), numbers given for ca. 3025 (apocryphal)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 149
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 60, "23rd Arcturan Guards RCT: The Frost Giants"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War  Map"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War  Map"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 193, "Draconis Combine - Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere  Map"
- Field Report: Clans, p. 29, "Deployment Map "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 116, "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p.44, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- 20 Year Update, p. 26, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p.32
- Field Report: Clans, p. 21, "Clan Wolf Deployment Status"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 172, "Clan Force Deployments - Rasalhague Dominion"
- 20 Year Update
- BattleTechnology, issue #19
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance
- Field Report: Clans
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- MechWarrior (1989 Video Game)
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook