- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
Sevren neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-44.47 : 313.25[e]|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Planetary flag of Sevren
| Jump point
|Highest native life||Mammals|
|Ruler|| Byron Scrivenger (Duke of Sevren)|
Leutnant-General Cameron McCotter, Governor Pro Tem (Political Leader)
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Deanna Le Toumeau)|
- 2234 - Terran Alliance 
- 2235 - (From 27 May) Independent world 
- 2236 - Terran Alliance 
- 2237 - Independent world 
- 2319 - Independent world 
- 2341 - Independent world 
- 2571 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2596 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2750 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2764 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2765 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2912 - Draconis Combine 
- 3015 - Draconis Combine 
- 3024 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Clan Wolf 
- 3057 - Clan Wolf 
- 3063 - Clan Wolf 
- 3067 - Clan Wolf 
- 3075 - Clan Wolf 
- 3079 - Clan Wolf 
- 3081 - Clan Wolf 
- 3085 - Clan Wolf 
- 3130 - Clan Wolf 
- 3135 - Clan Wolf 
- 3145 - Clan Hell's Horses 
- Eighth Donegal Guards
- Twenty-fifth Arcturan Guards RCT
In May 2235 Sevren joined the worlds of Freedom and Ryde in declaring independence from the Terran Alliance; as a result, Admiral Leondard Juillard and General Armando Luchesi of the 2nd Interstellar Strategic Combined Assault Force or INTERSTRATCAF dispatched three squadrons of vessels to put down the rebellion; one of these squadrons travelled to Sevren, and consisted of attack transports, assault carriers and some KF-equipped strike cruisers. The INTERSTRATCAF squadrons had been on exercise near Saturn, and as a result were able to reach the Sevren system in just three days.
Once in the Sevren system the INTERSTRATCAF squadron proceeded to implement the plan assigned to it by Admiral Juillard and General Luchesi; the squadron blockaded the zenith and nadir jump points, deployed marine detachments on Sevren to impose martial law, replaced civilian leaders with military officers as the local commanders saw fit, and attempted to limit the ability of the seditious local populace to obtain or use weapons by detaining anyone found carrying such a weapon.
The local population on Sevren reacted in a pattern that would soon become familiar to the Terran marines on many worlds as news of the rebellion was carried at considerable risk by blockade runners from world to world; many civilians retreated into the wilderness, and using weapons as primitive as staves and swords began an insurgency that used extensive guerrilla tactics against the Terran Alliance forces. The marines controlled the cities, but were hampered by rules of engagement intended to preserve the colony and prevented them from conducting active genocide or using weapons of mass destruction. The knowledge possessed by the locals of the terrain gave them a huge advantage outside the cities, and guerrilla frequently attacked military units travelling between settlements. Aided covertly by the crews of the iceships operated by the Ryan Cartel, the rebellion outlasted the will of the Alliance government to fight an insurgency across fifty worlds. Alliance forces and the Alliance government abandoned Sevren, leaving the world independent, along with the vast majority of the other settled worlds in the Inner Sphere.
Late Succession Wars
Severn was reclaimed by the Lyran Commonwealth in December, 3024. After driving the last Kurita 'Mech offworld the citizens began to rebuild their world. Fortunately the damage was limited to a relatively small area, which allowed the large agricultural concerns to re-plant the damaged land.
The presence of radioactive metals in the planet's crust led to a healthy nuclear reactor industry. These power plants were used across the Commonwealth and Combine. Unfortunately the Nesmith Nuclear Industries plant exploded the day after the last Kuritan DropShip left the world. The explosion scattered radioactive materials over several square kilometers, including the city of New Cartris. The resulting cleanup activity took three years, but was completed in early 3028.
In November 3051 Sevren came under attack from Clan Wolf as part of the renewed Fifth Wave of Operation Revival. Rich in mineral deposits and agricultural output the planet was a prestigious target, defended by the 25th Arcturan Guards under the veteran Hauptmann General Gilda Felra, and so saKhan Garth Radick pulled rank to ensure his Beta Galaxy won the bid to invade Sevren. Beta Galaxy made their landing on the continent of Carlisle, but were immediately attacked by the Arcturan Guards at Dinton Acres; although the battle was inconclusive it effectively blunted the Wolves' offensive. A second inconclusive battle was fought at Oisten Green, but in the succeeding fight at Bassingale the 3rd Battle Cluster exploited a gap in the Guards' line to penetrate their rear before reinforcements could arrive, putting the Lyrans on the defensive. When at the battle of Mt. Ripchuck a unit of Headhunters destroyed a battalion headquarters, General Felra ordered a retreat and the Arcturan Guards fled to Colmar.
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 171, "Planet Guide"
- MechWarrior (1989 Video Game) (apocryphal)
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 16, "Declaration of Independence"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 17, "The Outer Reaches Rebellion"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 18, "Draconis Combine Founding" - 2319
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth Founding "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth After Age Of War "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 30, "Draconis Combine after Age of War - 2571"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Field Manual: SLDF, Inner Sphere - 
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth After First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 43, "Draconis Combine after First Succession War - 2822"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth After Second Succession War "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 53, "Draconis Combine after Second Succession War - 2864"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 69, "Calling All Citizens"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 89, "Recent Developments"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 80-81, "Current Events"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth After Third Succession War "
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 90, "The Continuing Alliance"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 132, "District and Prefecture Boundaries of Kurita Space"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 64, "Draconis Combine after Third Succession War - 3025"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth After First Succession War "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 66, "Draconis Combine after Fourth Succession War - 3030"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth After War Of 3039 "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 68, "Draconis Combine after War of 3039 - 3040"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth After Clan Invasion "
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 71, "Draconis Combine after Operation REVIVAL - 3052"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth After FedCom Civil War "
- Handbook: House Kurita, p. 74, "Draconis Combine after FedCom Civil War - 3067"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere Map [October 3067]"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 65, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Field Report: DCMS, p. 29, "Clan Wolf - Clan Hell's Horses Deployment Table "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 116, "Unit Deployment Table"
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1, p.44, "Operation GÖTTERDÄMMERUNG"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 137, "Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 26, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 126, "Deployment Table - 3085"
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine), p. 16-17, "Word of Rebellion Reaches Terra"
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised, p. 42, "Barrett's Fusiliers: The Light Musketeers"
- Wolf Clan Sourcebook, p. 64
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Mercenaries, Revised
- Handbook: House Kurita
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Kurita (The Draconis Combine)
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- NAIS The Fourth Succession War Military Atlas Volume 1