- Catalyst Releases New Map Pack, New Fiction From Michael Stackpole In March Update
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Read more →
|Inner Sphere Military Ranks|
|For specific ranks see Military Ranks|
An Admiral is the naval equivalent of a General. They typically command fleets of WarShips, DropShips, and JumpShips. In multi-regiment formations like an AFFS Regimental Combat Team or Star League Division, they can command all the attached naval assets.
- 1 SLDF
- 2 Lyran Commonwealth and Lyran Alliance
- 3 Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery
- 4 Armed Forces of the Federated Suns
- 5 Capellan Confederation Armed Forces
- 6 Free Worlds League
- 7 The Clans
- 8 ComStar/Word of Blake
- 9 Free Rasalhague Republic
- 10 Periphery Powers
- 11 References
- 12 Bibliography
This was the rank used by the commanding officer of the Star League Navy. This officer wore three cuff stripes as rank insignia.
Lyran Commonwealth and Lyran Alliance
Draconis Combine Mustered Soldiery
|Rank||MechWarrior||AeroSpace Fighter||Infantry||Armor||Artillery||Naval Crew|| Technical|
Armed Forces of the Federated Suns
|Rank||MechWarrior||AeroSpace Fighter||Infantry||Armor||Naval Crew|| Technical
|Administrative||Medical||Legal|| Logistics/ |
Capellan Confederation Armed Forces
For many years the rank of Admiral didn't exist in the CCAF for important historical reasons. Once Sun-Tzu Liao came to power, that changed. He created the rank of Jiang-jun in the CCAF as part of the Xin Sheng reform package to make the CCAF run more efficiently. These officers were formerly known as "Senior Colonels." In addition to the new name, this rank uses a brass triangle as its new symbol of rank. The CCAF Naval equivalent of this rank is Kong-jiang-jun.
Free Worlds League
In the FWLM, Admiral is the highest commissioned naval rank. Only the Captain-General and the Marshals outrank officers who hold the rank of Admiral. Prior to Thomas Marik's military reforms of 3047, seniority among admirals was determined based on time in grade. Therefore the admirals who had served the longest were the most senior. These admirals are separated into Vice-Admirals and Admirals based on service.
A Free Worlds League admiral's rank insignia is a single strip of silver set into a single strip of gold, which is further mounted on a single purple stripe. This is identical to the rank insignia of a FWLM General.
ComStar/Word of Blake
This rank isn't used by the ComGuard or Word of Blake Militia. Instead they use the rank of Precentor. Unofficially the commanding officer of the ComStar WarShip Fleet is known as the Precentor Naval. The Word of Blake used Precentor Naval as an official position, reporting directly to the Precentor Martial.
Free Rasalhague Republic
This rank isn't used by the Kungsarme.
Magistracy of Canopus
The equivalent of a Magistracy Armed Forces General, two Admirals share joint command of the entire Canopian Navy and serve on the Magestrix Command Center. The insignia of a MAF Admiral is the three small diamonds of a General, surrounded by a gold wreath.
Taurian Defense Force
This rank isn't used by the TDF.
This rank isn't used by the Hegemony Armed Forces.
This rank isn't used by the Alliance Military Corps.
- The Star League, p. 114
- Field Manual: Federated Suns, p. 28
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 84
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 21
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 47
- Field Manual: Periphery, p. 25
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 87