- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Engadine neighbouring systems
|X:Y Coordinates||-351.28 : 354.868[e]|
|Recharge time||201 hours|
- 1 Engadine
- 2 Engadine VI
- 2.1 Planetary History
- 2.2 Political Affiliation
- 2.3 Planetary Rulers
- 2.4 Military Deployment
- 2.5 Nearby Systems
- 2.6 References
- 2.7 Bibliography
The Engadine system is located near the Willunga and Wypoute systems and consists of a class M0V primary orbited by at least six planets. During the thirty-first century a recharge station was in place at the system nadir jump point.
The Engadine system was either settled during the Star League era at some point after the end of the Reunification War, or was an already-inhabited system that became significant enough during this era for Inner Sphere nations to begin recording its location on maps.
Planetary flag of Engadine
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||23°C (Cool)|
|Highest native life||Mammal|
|Ruler||Lord President Alistair Daniel (Appointed Ruler)|
Engadine VI - more commonly known simply as Engadine - is the sixth planet in the system and has a single moon, named Garlyn.
Originally Engadine was settled by the Rim Worlds Republic. Like the ancient Terran continent of Australia, the Rim Worlds Government exported their criminals to Engadine and left them there. The political dissidents and non-violent offenders were undesirable, so the Rim Worlds prevented them from mixing with the general population. The world has many areas that are covered with light snow and heavy ice. These harsh conditions forced the early involuntary settlers to become hardy survivalists.
Years later a Rim Worlds governmental official thought Engadine was a paradise and built a large fortified compound for her use and use by her friends. The compound was staffed by slave labor drafted from the exiles; this compound later became a popular resort complex for rich Rim Worlders.
This use of dissidents backfired on the Rim Worlders, however, during the Reunification War. When the Rim Worlds military started to oppose the invading Lyran/SLDF forces via hit and run attacks, the colonists of Engadine reported their location to the invading Inner Sphere troops. With this information, the Rim Worlds military units were quickly captured or destroyed. After RWR judges returned to the world, it wasn't uncommon to see many suspected Inner Sphere sympathizers be sent to harsh prison facilities.
Post-Star League Era
After the Rim Worlds Republic was destroyed, Engadine became one of the first systems annexed by the Lyran Commonwealth. The Lyran government paid to have much of the world's infrastructure upgraded and ComStar installed a Class B HPG in the system. During the War of 3039, many of the LCAF units stationed near Engadine were transferred to the Draconis Combine front, and pirates in the area took advantage of their absence. Hundreds of Engadinians were captured by slavers. The local government complained, and the Twenty-second Skye Rangers were assigned to pirate-hunting duties.
Between 3053 and the Clan Jade Falcon invasion of Coventry, with the blessings of Melissa Steiner and Victor Ian Steiner-Davion Engadine served as one of two Lyran bases of operations for Comstar's Explorer Corps search for the Clan Homeworlds. While remaining operational, any additional Explorer Corps missions launched from Engagine were halted in 3057 following the Lyran succession due to the increasing tensions between Katherine Steiner-Davion and ComStar. Less than five months after the formation of the Lyran Alliance however, Clan Jade Falcon struck Engadine on its drive towards Coventry. Rather than risk the substantial information about the Explorer Corps in the facility's computer core falling in Clan hands, commanding Precentor Neve ordered his staff to abandon the facility before he disabled the primary fusion plant safety circuits and triggered an overload that completely destroyed the orbiting facility.
- 2341 - No record 
- 2571 - No record 
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2764 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2765 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2767 - Rim Worlds Republic 
- 2775 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2822 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 2864 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3025 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3030 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3040 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3050 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3052 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3057 - Federated Commonwealth 
- 3059 - Lyran Commonwealth 
- 3063 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3067 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3075 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3079 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3081 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3085 - Lyran Alliance 
- 3130 - Rim Territories 
- 3135 - Rim Territories 
- 3145 - Rim Territories 
- Twenty-second Skye Rangers
- Twenty-second Skye Rangers
3062 to 3067
- 214th Division
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
|Sweet Water||47.8||Baggville||49.5||Gabenstad||49.9||Port Vail (The Rack)||52.1|
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion, p. 4, "Planet Profile"
- Era Report: 3145, p. 38, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 25, "Rim Worlds Republic at the Fall of the Star League -  Map"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 36, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 158, "Inner Sphere Map -  Map"
- Explorer Corps, p. 11 "Overview - Search for the Homeworlds"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 13, "Lyran Commonwealth at their Founding -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 18, "Rim Worlds Republic after Age of War "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth after Age of War -  Map"
- Field Manual: SLDF, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 38, "Rim Worlds Army Deployment Map - "
- Field Report 2765: Lyran Commonwealth, p. 25, "Lyran Commonwealth Armed Forces Deployment Map - "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 104, "Rim Worlds Republic -  Map"
- Handbook: Major Periphery States, p. 37, "The Republic-Commonwealth War"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 36, "Lyran Commonwealth after First Succession War -  Map"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, pp. 122-123, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 40, "Lyran Commonwealth after Second Succession War -  Map"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. vii, "Lyran Commonwealth Map - "
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 47, "Lyran Commonwealth after Third Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 56, "Lyran Commonwealth after Fourth Succession War -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 59, "Lyran Commonwealth after War of 3039 -  Map"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 132, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 61, "Lyran Commonwealth after Clan Invasion -  Map"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 22, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- The Periphery, 2nd Edition, p. 110, "Rim Collection & Circinus Federation"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 28, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook), p. 75, "Lyran Alliance Map"
- Handbook: House Steiner, p. 70, "Lyran Commonwealth after FedCom Civil War -  Map"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 42, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report: LAAF, p. 19, "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Map - [August 3079]"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 62, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. vii, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 10, "Inner Sphere -  Map"
- Field Report 2765: Periphery, p. 19, "Republican Guards - Divisional Status"
- 20 Year Update, p. 28, "Federated Commonwealth Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 21, "FedCom Deployment Table"
- Shattered Sphere, p. 49, "Lyran Alliance Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: ComStar, p. 126, "ComGuard Deployment Table"
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 98, "Com Guards Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Explorer Corps (sourcebook)
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: ComStar
- Field Manual: Updates
- Field Report 2765: Lyran Commonwealth
- Field Report 2765: Periphery
- Field Report: LAAF
- Handbook: House Steiner
- Handbook: Major Periphery States
- Historical: War of 3039
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth)
- Inner Sphere (sourcebook)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids
- Operational Turning Points: Falcon Incursion
- The Periphery, Second Edition
- Shattered Sphere