36th Lyran Guards
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|36th Lyran Guards RCT|
|Unit Profile (as of 3067)|
|Parent Formation||Lyran Guards|
Star League Era
During the Star League era the 36th Lyran Guards was one of six regiments within the 4th Lyran Guards Division, one of five Divisions of active regiments within the Lyran Guards brigade in the closing decades of the Star League's existence.
Like the other regiments of the Guards during this era, the 36th lacked any particular political ties - either regional or familial - unlike regiments in other brigades; commonly assigned to garrison postings, the 36th Lyran Guards and their sister regiments were postings of choice for those who wanted to work for the Commonwealth without either regional loyalties or particular ambitions. This led to the 36th and its sister regiments being manned by soldiers who were professional, but without the close-knit ties found in more parochial regiments. The LCAF was intent on generating more camaraderie and esprit de corps among the 36th and the other Guards regiments, but with little success by 2765.
Third Succession War
Prior to the Fourth Succession War the 36th Lyran Guards raided several Free Worlds League systems from their baseworld. Stationed on Cavanaugh II in 3025, the most daring raid was launched against Tamarind in 3012. Several dropping 'Mechs were engaged by AeroSpace Fighters and tumbled out of control into the world's atmosphere. Most of these 'Mechs were destroyed, but one skipped off the atmosphere three times and was rescued by Marik fighters.
Prior to the formation of the Lyran Alliance, the 36th was stationed on Tsingtao. Obeying the "come home" order, they left the Capellan March world and were assigned to Hesperus II. They established a good working relationship with the 15th Lyran Guards.
Choosing to remain loyal to the Lyran Alliance as a whole, the 36th initially refused to declare for either Katrina or Victor Steiner-Davion during the FedCom Civil War, instead seeing heavy action in opposing the Free Skye attempt to take Hesperus II. The unit played a decisive role in that battle, coming close to eliminating the legendary Maria Esteban.
Initially stationed to protect the Maldon mining complex on the opposite side of Hesperus II from the Defiance Industries complex, the 36th faced the 17th Skye Rangers. They were eventually forced out of the Maldon mining complex, but a HALO drop by their 'Mech forces let them arrive in time to reinforce the 15th Lyran Guards and pushed the Free Skye Movement forces out of the Melrose Valley. They broke the 17th Skye Rangers and pinned the other Free Skye units in place. This allowed the 2nd Donegal Guards to arrive and reinforce the LAAF units. This forced the Free Skye units to surrender. This was particularly interesting as the 36th Guards had no aerospace support at the time.
The unit was overwhelmed by the Knights of the Inner Sphere on Preston during the FWLM counterattack, Operation BROKEN FIST, after two of the Lyran Alliance provinces declared war on the Free Worlds League and invaded. The 36th Guards had no other choice but to surrender. Their equipment was confiscated by the LCCC and the soldiers were held as prisoners until the end of the hostilities.
|Commanding Officers of the 36th Lyran Guards|
In 3058 he chose to join an AFFS unit rather than abandon his world. Approximately 100 troops went with him.
||3058 to 3067.|
The command often used orbital drops to assault enemy positions when the opponent is unprepared.
36th Lyran Guards (Green/Reliable)
36th Lyran Guards RCT (Regular/Reliable)
36th Lyran Guards RCT (Regular/Reliable)
CO: Marshal Harold Andrews
3062 to 3067
36th Lyran Guard Armor Brigade (3 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
CO: Colonel Claire Hevet
XO: Leutnant Colonel Duggie Hindley
- 364th Lyran Armored Regiment - Colonel Mercucio Newman
- 3rd Hesperus II Armor Regiment - Colonel Bram McMannus
- 73rd Lyran Panzer Regiment - Colonel Yves Lidianos
36th Lyran Guard Infantry Brigade' (5 Regiments/Regular/Reliable)
CO: Colonel Norman Reffo
XO: Leutnant Colonel Miquel Steinfeld
- 842nd Lyran Mechanized Regiment - Colonel Alvera Sulequa
- 15th Lyran Light Infantry Regiment - Colonel Clive Larcom
- 324th Lyran Mechanized Regiment - Colonel Dorcas Grossman
- 92nd Lyran Jump Infantry Regiment - Colonel Damon Steinhauser
- 35th Hesperus Mechanized Infantry Regiment - Colonel Armitage Regan
- Field Report 2765: LCAF, p. 13-14, "Lyran Guards"
- Field Manual: Lyran Alliance, p. 84, "36th Lyran Guards Unit Profile"
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 119, "Unit Deployment Table"
- 20 Year Update, p. 23
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 170, "Lyran Guard - 36th Lyran Guard RCT"
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 147
- FedCom Civil War (sourcebook), p. 178
- The Dying Time, p. 39
- Field Report: L.A.A.F p.12
- Field Manual: Updates, p. 177, "Lyran Alliance Armed Forces Deployment Table"
- Historical: War of 3039 , p. 137
- Objective Raids, p. 17
- House Steiner (The Lyran Commonwealth), p. 59