- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||J.B. BattleMechs Incorporated,|
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||NOS Rev 7-ETET S Quad|
|Armor||Durallex Heavy w/CASE|
|Engine||Pitban 285 |
|Communications System||Hartford JEQ-5|
|Targeting Tracking System||Orion Suretrak XVII w/Targeting Computer|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Chilton 950 Improved Jump Jets|
The Trebaruna is a Quad configured Assault BattleMech that was originally designed by the Word of Blake Protectorate. Production plans were canceled by the Word of Blake in 3078, when Allied Coalition forces were finally closing in on Terra. The design was discovered by Coalition members, and was offered to all the partners. The design was put into production by the Republic of the Sphere as part of its newly-formed armed forces in 3081, followed shortly after by the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth and Capellan Confederation.
The Trebaruna's hull was protected by 16 tons of Durallex Heavy Armor, with CASE embedded into its right torso. The Trebaruna used a reliable Pitban 285 rated Fusion Engine as its source of power. The Pitban's standard design helps to keep the 'Mech from being crippled too easily. To aid the 'Mech's ability to cope with a lack of rear-facing weapons and a modest top speed, the design was given five Improved Jump Jets.
Weapons and Equipment
The Trebaruna was designed to fight its opponents at long ranges. Its main weapon is its right torso-mounted Imperator Dragon's Fire Gauss Rifle, with 2 tons of ammunition. This is supported by three Moscovia Light Particle Projection Cannons found in the opposite torso. These weapons are guided by a Targeting Computer located in the 'Mech's left torso. The Trebaruna is fitted with ten double heat sinks to help cope with its weapon and engine heat.
- Introduced during the Dark Age era in 3115, this Trebaruna's Composite Skeleton is protected by Hardened Armor. This variant's maximum jump range is reduced to 120 meters. It carries an Improved Heavy Gauss Rifle as its main armament, supported by an ER PPC. The PPC is mounted in a Quad Turret to provide a wide field of fire. BV (2.0) = 2,453
- Produced by the Free Worlds League splinter nation, the Marik-Stewart Commonwealth 3081, the XJ variant differed from the original XB mostly in secondary weapons and targeting equipment. Its Targeting Computer was removed and the Light PPCs were replaced by a pair of Snub-Nose PPCs. In addition, the 'Mech's armor coverage and Double Heat Sink quantity were increased. BV(2.0)= 2,270
- This variant is produced by the Capellan Confederation in 3081, whose soldiers had discovered the Blakist design during their liberation efforts in the later part of the Jihad. The variant replaced the Gauss Rifle with an LB 20-X Class Autocannon, and the Light PPCs were changed out for a pair of Plasma Rifles. The 'Mech's ammunition is protected by CASE in the left torso, while the design's armor has been increased to 17.5 tons. To allow for the additional armor and new equipment, the standard Fusion Engine was exchanged for a Light Fusion Engine. BV(2.0)= 2,244
- Technical Readout: 3085, pp. 106-107, "TR-XB Trebaruna"
- MUL online entry for the Trebaruna
- Record Sheets: 3085 Print Edition, p. 104
- MUL online entry for the Trebaruna TR-XH variant
- Record Sheets: 3145 New Tech, New Upgrades, p. 191
- MUL online entry for the Trebaruna TR-XJ variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 153
- MUL online entry for the Trebaruna TR-XL variant
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged - The Cutting Edge, p. 154