|Planetary System Info|
|Star Type||M2 I|
|Position in System||2|
|Time to Jump Point||2 days|
|HPG Facility Class||B|
|Percent, Level of Native Life||10%, Amphibian|
(References to Betelgeuse)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 5.68 Y: -309.09[e]
Betelgeuse is an important Capellan factory world on their border with the Free Worlds League. Coveted by House Marik and especially Dame Catherine Humphreys of Andurien it was often the target of raids throughout its history, but remained firmly in Liao hands.
 Era Specific Data
- Planetary Diem: Lord Vincente Orloff
- ComStar Representative: Precentor Niyobo Saluci
- Population: 3,792,000,000
 Planetary Garrison
 3025 to 3050 to 3054 to 3067
- - At this point in time House Kamata is operating at 25% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Manufacturing Centers
- Aldis Industries
- Firmir Weaponry
- Hellespont Industrials (Primitive factory activated during the Jihad era)
 Planetary History
Up until the Fourth Succession War, over 20 different firms on Betelgeuse's northern hemisphere used to produce the greater part of all Capellan luxury goods and consumer goods. However, they were closed down after the war when the Capellans channelled all their resources into military production.
 Political Structure
Home to Warrior House Kamata who vigorously guard the weapon factories, Betelgeuse belongs to the Duchy of Betelgeuse, Sian Commonality, Capellan Confederation.
- In real life, Betelgeuse is one of the (or even the) biggest stars known, a bloated red supergiant with an estimated diameter of 697 million kilometers (compared to 1.4 million kilometers for our sun, Sol). As such, it is unlikely that it would have two or more planets, and even more unlikely that its second planet could be colonized by humans. Some scientists believe that Betelgeuse will go supernova within the next 1000 years, i.e. before the storyline of Classic BattleTech. The spectral class given for the star in BattleTech sources (M2 I) is correct and corresponds with real-life sources.
- Betelgeuse is alternatively spelled Betelgeuze, Beteigeuze or Beteigeuse.
 Owner History
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation
- 3040 - Capellan Confederation
- 3052 - Capellan Confederation
- 3057 - Capellan Confederation
- 3062 - Capellan Confederation
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 134, "Planet Guide"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 107, "Unit Deployment Table"
- ↑ 20 Year Updage, p. 70, "Com Guards Deployment Tabel"
- ↑ 20 Year Update, p. 63, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- ↑ Objective Raids, p. 42, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Manual: Updates, p. 33, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 9, "Warrior House Regimental Status"
- ↑ Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 47, "The Jihad In Review"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Field Report: CCAF, p. 21, "Capellan Confederation Armed Forces Deployment Map - August 3079"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130