Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Buenos Aires neighbouring systems
- 1 Buenos Aires
- 2 Buenos Aires III
The Buenos Aires system was settled during or shortly after the First Exodus from Terra and was an independent system prior to the formation of the Capellan Confederation in the mid-twenty-fourth century. Buenos Aires was removed from maps after the Jihad, indicating that the system had been abandoned or depopulated.
Buenos Aires III
| Jump point
|Highest native life||Reptile|
|Ruler||Lady Anthea Vilheminy|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Zontar Kinjuri)|
Buenos Aires III - more commonly referred to simply as Buenos Aires - is the third planet in the Buenos Aires system.
Buenos Aires is an agricultural world in that provides food to many of the worlds surrounding it. Originally integrated into the Free Worlds League the CCAF took control of the planet in the Second Succession War. Since then the world has hosted a sizable defense force. To keep food production high in the face of constant raids by the Free Worlds League, most of the farms have moved to underground or offshore seagoing farms. This allows the farmers to grow crops without worrying that they'll be destroyed by 'Mechs and vehicles moving across the planet's surface.
Third Succession War
Buenos Aries was one of a number of worlds to be hit by elements of an elite Free Worlds League Miliary strike force codenamed "Red Rover" between 2901 and 2910. Red Rover contained units from both the Defenders of Andurien and the Orloff Grenadiers and launched a series of raids targetting key Capellan Confederation Armed Forces supply depots, although the strong reserve forces established by Chancellor Otto Liao stopped the FWLM forces from remaining on any of the Capellan worlds. Nevertheless, the raid on Buenos Aries was one of Red Rover's most notable successes, with the raiders capturing the Silver Frost - a fully laden iceship - in the Buenos Aries system.
In 2920 two previously unknown DropShips were found on the world. The Northwind Highlanders fought three engagements against a Marik mercenary unit (Vintain's Vigilantes) for possession of the DropShips and eventually won. In 3025 a large island located in the eastern ocean was declared off limits to non-CCAF personnel. ROM agents suspected that the island was being used for testing a new VTOL, but this remains unconfirmed.
On the 12th of April 3072 forces from the Word of Blake raided Buenos Aires. The raiders didn't settle for simply raiding the world - they deployed one of the Word's "Magic Bullet" bioweapons as well. This was almost certainly responsible for Buenos Aires being subsequently designated a dead or dying world on maps, prior to the removal of the Buenos Aires system from maps completely.
- 2366 - Independent World within the Capellan Zone 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3040 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3050 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3052 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3054 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3057 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3058 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3063 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3075 - Capellan Confederation (dead or dying world) 
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation (dead of dying world) 
- 3081 - Capellan Confederation (dead or dying world) 
- 3085 - No record 
- 3130 - No record 
- 3135 - No record 
- 3145 - No record 
- Lady Anthea Vilheminy
- Ishara's Grenadiers (First Battalion)
- Ishara's Grenadiers (First Battalion)
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) indicates that this world was originally a Free Worlds League planet, seized by the Capellan Confederation during the Second Succession War. This contradicts the information given in Handbook: House Liao which shows Buenos Aires as a planet within the Capellan Confederation in every map from 2366 onwards.
- It was confirmed by the writers that the appearance of Buenos Aires on maps in Objectives: Capellan Confederation and Field Report: CCAF was a mistake.
|“|| Objectives and Field Report are in error.
|— Øystein Tvedten, BattleTech Developer, 19 Sep 2011|
| Systems within 60 light-years (distance in light years)|
Closest systems first:
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 134, "Buenos Aires"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 63, "Inner Sphere Map - [March 3081]"
- Field Manual: 3085, p. 127, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3085]"
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League), p. 39, "The Great Compromiser"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 79
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076, p. 22, "Timeline of the Jihad"
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 50, "The Jihad In Review"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2, p. 122-123, "Inner Sphere - 2822"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 106, "Unit Deployment Table"
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- 20 Year Update, p. 63, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 3050"
- Era Report: 3052, p. 23, "Inner Sphere - 3052"
- Objective Raids, p. 41, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Era Report: 3062, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- Era Report: 3062, p. 29, "Inner Sphere Map "
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 43, "Inner Sphere Map - [October 3067]"
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents, p. 64, "Inner Sphere - 3075"
- Field Report: CCAF, p. 23, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Map "
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Field Manual: 3145, p. VI, "Inner Sphere - 3145"
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation, p. 13, "Regimental Status"
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation, p. 119, "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 135
- 20 Year Update
- Era Report: 2750
- Era Report: 3052
- Era Report: 3062
- Era Report: 3145
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: 3145
- Field Manual: Capellan Confederation
- Field Report 2765: Capellan Confederation
- Field Report: CCAF
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 2
- Historical: Reunification War
- Historical: War of 3039
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- House Marik (The Free Worlds League)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: 3076
- Jihad Secrets: The Blake Documents
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Objective Raids