(References to Turin)
Systems neighbouring Turin
|Recharge time||183 hours|
|Recharge station(s)|| None (3025)|
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
Planetary flag of Turin
| Jump point
|Atmospheric pressure||Standard (Breathable)|
|Equatorial temperature||32°C (Temperate)|
|Highest native life||20%, Reptile|
|Ruler|| Lord Frederick von Avon (3025)|
Lama Tsuma von Avon (3067)
|Population|| 3,267,000,000 (3025)|
|Socio-Industrial Levels|| C-D-C-D-A (3067)|
|HPG (Representative)||B (Precentor Richard Detamble (3025))|
 Owner History
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation
- 3040 - Capellan Confederation
- 3052 - Capellan Confederation
- 3057 - Capellan Confederation
- 3062 - Capellan Confederation
- 3067 - Capellan Confederation
- 3079 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
 Planetary Geography
 Planetary History
 Early History
The discovery that a native animal similar to the Terran cow could not only be interbred with actual Terran bovines but that the hybrid offspring were both fleshier and tastier than either was one of the most fortunate events in early space colonization. Mating Terran steers with Turin bulls was so successful that grangers flocked to Turin in huge numbers. Unfortunately, the milk from these hybrid animals proved to be indigestible to humans, but with Turin being a world of seemingly endless grassy plains the planet provided potentially excellent pasturage for cattle. While some dairies do exist on Turin, the cheese and milk they produce come exclusive from cows and goats.
 The Succession Wars
Towards the end of the Third Succession War horse breeders on Turin used some of the few surviving Liao stallions and built up the horse breeding industry on Turin until the local horses came to rival the Eridani stallions of old. This was part of a determined effort to perpetuate the Liao stallion population, and the programme continued after the Fourth Succession War and the Andurien-Magistracy invasion; every year, Turin would see nobles from everywhere in the Confederation travel to the planet to purchase one of the Turin horses.
Located three hundred kilometers south of the capital city, the coastal resort city of Salerno hosted its first Salerno Derby in 3054. Organised by Lama Tsuma von Avon, the Derby has since become an annual event, where the finest horses bred during the previous year are showcased, and forms the midweek highlight during a week of festivities and engagements. The Derby grew in popularity with each passing year, with the 3066 Salerno Derby bringing in more than a million visitors from across the Capellan Confederation; despite the relationship between the Free Worlds League and the Confederation in the late 3060s, three Sorundan stallions from the League were booked to enter the 3067 Derby, and the number of attendees was on course to outstrip that of the 3066 Derby.
 The Jihad
Although by the end of the Jihad in 3079 Turin lacks a garrison, it is the site of one of the Capellan Confederation's Duchy Regional Training Centres. Located in windy, mountainous terrain, the RTC has specialised in jump infantry training and is considered one of the Confederation's best in that field. Despite the focus on jump infantry training, the RTC also runs a vehicle training programme. The Regional Training Centre was established in a facility left vacant when the 212th Flying Furies, a jump infantry regiment long associated with Turin, failed to return from its deployment during the Fourth Succession War.
 Military Garrison
 Nearby Planets
House Liao (The Capellan Confederation) gives the time to the local jump point from Turin as 8 days; this is contradicted by Handbook: House Liao and Objectives: Capellan Confederation, which give the distance as 9.12 days. The more recently published distance is the distance used in this article.
- ↑ 1.00 1.01 1.02 1.03 1.04 1.05 1.06 1.07 1.08 1.09 1.10 1.11 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 137, "Turin"
- ↑ 2.00 2.01 2.02 2.03 2.04 2.05 2.06 2.07 2.08 2.09 2.10 2.11 2.12 2.13 2.14 2.15 2.16 2.17 2.18 Handbook: House Liao, p. 87, "Planet Profile Profile"
- ↑ 3.00 3.01 3.02 3.03 3.04 3.05 3.06 3.07 3.08 3.09 3.10 3.11 3.12 3.13 3.14 Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 27, "Planet Profile"
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 28, "Duchy RTC"