(References to Niomede)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: -0.26 Y: -352.01[e]
- 2596 - No record 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3030 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3040 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3052 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3057 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3062 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3130 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3135 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3145 - Capellan Confederation 
According to the apocryphal novel Karma, which is largely set on Niomede-4, all save the fourth of the system's originally 17 planets have long ago broken up to form extensive asteroid fields. The sun bombards the vacuum world of Niomede-4 with intense heat and hard radiation. Life is only possible in terraformed underground caves that maintain an artificial ecology with Star League era lostech. The world was forgotten during the Succession Wars and only re-discovered (and annexed) by the Capellan Confederation around the year 2990. In 3015, a secret laboratory was established to research into what amounts to Endo-Steel for BattleMech construction. In 3028, troops from the Duchy of Andurien staged a raid against the laboratory, capturing the greater share of the scientific staff (but not the key researcher) and presumably terminating the project before it yielded useful results.
3050 to 3054
Planets within 2 jumps (60 light-years). Closest planets first:
- Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- Historical: War of 3039, p. 133, "Inner Sphere - 3040"
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Era Report: 3145, p. 11, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- Era Report: 3145, p. 39, "Inner Sphere Map - "
- 20 Year Update, p. 63 - "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 42 - "Capellan Confederation Deployment Table"