- Lead Developer Brent Evans Answers Big Questions On The Future Of BattleTech
- Was the Early Portrayal of the Capellan Confederation an Example of Yellow Peril?
- Mechwarrior Online World Championship Semi-Finals Seeding Games
- New Campaign Begins on MegaMekNET
- BATTLETECH Multiplayer Review - A Battle Of Titans
- Read more →
|Chassis||Geometric 1000 Endo Steel|
|Armor||Strasbourg Armaments Type 3|
|Communications System||Blow 55 Net|
|Targeting Tracking System||Scope 2000|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double Heat Sinks|
|BV (1.0)|| 899|
The Initiate started production after the Word of Blake retook Terra. This medium 'Mech has been produced in record numbers by the Word of Blake with no shortage of pilots. It is built on a Geometric 1000 Endo Steel chassis to save weight and is powered by a LTV 160 fusion engine that gives it a top speed of 64.8 km/h. For protection from enemy fire, the Initiate carries eight and a half tons of armor that allows the 'Mech to stand up to fire from most other 'Mechs of the same weight class or lower, and enjoys increased durability because of its CASE system that protects against ammunition explosions. Overall, the Initiate is a reliable trooper 'Mech that is capable of filling a variety of roles on the modern battlefield.
Weapons and Equipment
The Initiate has a diverse weapons mix that allows it to engage an enemy at a variety of ranges. For long-range combat, the Initiate has an Irian Weapons Works V7 LRM-15 launcher that gives the Initiate the ability to strike at an enemy at long ranges as well as giving an indirect fire capability to the 'Mech. For medium range combat, the Initiate has two Irian Weapons Works Super 6 Medium Lasers and an Irian Weapons Works 60mm SRM-6 launcher. For close ranges, the 'Mech has three Diverse Optics Type ER Small Lasers. Finally, to protect against missile attacks, the 'Mech has a McArthur Anti-Missile System.
- Introduced during the Jihad, this is a modernization of the 'Mech utilizing newer technologies. The WoB engineers first exchanged the 02 variant's fusion engine with a Light Fusion model. This new engine allowed for a slight increase of armor, but allow more room for this era's latest production weaponry. All the 'Mech's original weaponry has been removed in favor of a Seven-Tubed Multi-Missile Launcher, three Small Pulse Lasers, and a pair of Light PPCs. To keep the 'Mech more compatible with modern WoB formations, a C3i Computer was added. To help handle the 'Mech's heat load, an additional double heat sink was added as well. BV (1.0) = ??, BV (2.0) = 901
- Albatross - Though not directly related to the Albatross assault BattleMech, the Initiate was designed using some of the same weapons systems and is armed with a similar mix.
- Technical Readout: 3060, pp. 84-85, "Initiate Profile"
- MUL online entry for Initiate
- Combat Operations, p. 134
- Record Sheets: 3060, p. 106
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged, p. 123
- Record Sheets: 3060 Unabridged p. 124 - INI-04 variant from the RS3060u PDF book.