- Update From Catalyst On The New BattleTech Box Sets
- Harebrained Schemes Reveals BattleTech: Flashpoint Gameplay, Kills Dekker
- The Art of War – An Interview with Matthew Plog, BattleTech Artist
- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Read more →
- This article is about the BattleMech. For the mercenary unit, see Bandersnatches.
|Mech type||Inner Sphere BattleMech|
|Chassis||Bander Custom 1|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Communications System||Winston Mega Boozee Mark IX|
|Targeting Tracking System||Winston Sidewinder|
|Heat Sinks||10 Double heat sinks|
The Bandersnatch is the brainchild of Felifious Bander and is built around the concept of an affordable and effective BattleMech for sale to mercenary units. The Bandersnatch is built using some common components with the Marauder in an attempt to make the 'Mech cheaper and easier to repair. The 'Mech has a top speed of 64.8 kph which is average for a 'Mech of its weight. The Bandersnatch also uses double heat sinks for their superior heat dissipation capabilities, allowing a heavy weapons payload to be used by the 'Mech. Finally, the Bandersnatch carries a respectable eleven tons of armor. While not the maximum amount of armor that the chassis can handle, the 'Mech is still well protected.
Weapons and Equipment
The Bandersnatch is primarily armed for long to medium range combat. The first weapons that it would bring to bear on an enemy are a trio of Holly LRM-5 missile launchers, which can lay down a powerful barrage of missiles. The next weapons that the Bandersnatch can employ are a pair of Armstrong Class-B ClusterGuns LB-X Autocannon/10s that fire both solid and cluster rounds. These are effective against a variety of targets and make the Bandersnatch capable of anti-aircraft duties. Finally, in the event that an enemy does close to short ranges, the 'Mech carries six Magna Mk II Medium Lasers, two of which are rear mounted, giving it good close range protection.
- A complete upgrade of the original design, the 01B variant replaces the XL engine with a Light Fusion Engine. To make up for the weight lost to the engine, the entire weapons arsenal has been re-evaluated and the 'Mech carries a new weapons compliment. The primary long-range weapons are a pair of LRM-5 launchers. For intermediate ranges, the 01B model carries an Ultra Autocannon/10 and a PPC providing it with a powerful punch. Finally, for close range combat, the 'Mech has four Medium Lasers and a Streak SRM-2 launcher. BV (1.0) = 1,332, BV (2.0) = 1,630
- BNDR-01A Bandersnatch Horus
- A unique customized Bandersnatch which was created for ex-Nova Cat MechWarrior Horus. Equipped with Endo Steel, the 'Mech's weaponry had been almost completely refitted with the exception of the rear-firing Medium Lasers. In each arm, the 'Mech has been given a Class 20 Autocannon. It has 2 tons of CASE protected ammunition for the cannons in each side torso. For long-range firepower, it was fitted with a torso-mounted ER Large Laser. BV (1.0)=1,216
- MUL online date for the Bandersnatch
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, p. 61
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 94
- Technical Readout: 3085, p. 190
- Record Sheets: 3085 Unabridged — Old is the New New, p. 101
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 95
- Record Sheets: Unique 'Mechs p. 12 - Bandersnatch Horus - Custom Variant published by BattleCorps website.
- BattleMech Manual, p. 90 Battlemech Quirk Table - Bandersnatch Entry.