|Manufacturer||Irian BattleMechs Unlimited|
|Chassis||Technicron Type H Endo Steel|
|Engine||Magna 260 XL|
|Communications System||Irian Technologies HMR-35s|
|Targeting Tracking System||Wasat Watchdog W100|
|Heat Sinks||11 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Chilton 465|
The Tempest is a low-end, heavy 'Mech that is built to pack a powerful punch. To make the most of the Tempests available weight, the 'Mech is built on a Technicron Type H Endo Steel chassis and is propelled to its top speed of 64.8 kph by a Magna 260 XL Engine. These choices in materials save enough weight for the Tempest to carry a devastating arsenal that is powerful at long and short ranges. The 'Mech's mobility has also been enhanced with four Chilton 465 jump jets that make the Tempest capable of jumping up to one hundred and twenty meters. Finally, the Tempest carries twelve tons of armor which is a respectable amount of protection for a 65 ton 'Mech.
Weapons and Equipment
For long range firepower, the Tempest carries a Zeus Slingshot Gauss Rifle, which provides a devastating long-range punch. For medium to long ranges, the 'Mech has a Sutel Precision Line Large Pulse Laser. When the 'Mech closes to short ranges, it brings its three Diplan M3 Medium Lasers and its Irian Weapons Works 60mm SRM-6 to bear on an enemy.
- TMP-3M2 "Stormtempest"
- The 3M2 is seen as a major overhaul of the Tempest's arsenal. The 'Mech replaces the Gauss Rifle with a Light Gauss Rifle, which gives it a longer effective range but deals less damage. The variant has also upgraded its Medium Lasers to ER Medium Lasers and the SRM-6 has been upgraded to a Streak SRM-6 launcher. Additionally, a double heat sink has been added, along with an ER Small Laser. BV (1.0) = 1,406, BV (2.0) = 1,654
- MUL online date for the Tempest
- Combat Operations, p. 130
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 78
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 80
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 79
- Technical Readout: 3150, p. 223