- Original BattleTech Pods In Grand Rapids Michigan Moving To New Dedicated Site
- New BattleTech Box Sets Delayed
- Community Outreach - Interview with Jennifer Brozek, Author Of “The Nellus Academy Incident”
- BattleTech Releases Teaser Video For New Expansion: Flashpoint
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games, "MechWarrior 3050"
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Norse-Storm BattleMechs Inc.|
|Chassis||Norse Heavy XTI-4C|
|Armor||ArcShield Heavy Type K|
|Engine||Vlar 300 XL|
|Communications System||Tek BattleCom|
|Targeting Tracking System||DLK Type Phased Array Sensor System|
The Thunder Hawk was built by Norse-Storm BattleMechs in 2771, during the final six years of the SLDF's drive to retake the Terran Hegemony. The Thunder Hawk epitomizes the doctrine of firepower over maneuverability with its heavy weapons arsenal and low top speed. Taken out of production after the end of the Amaris Civil War, Thunder Hawk production began again during the mid-3050s.
Weapons and Equipment
The Thunder Hawk rumbles through the battlefield at a maximum speed of 54 km/h. Despite the low speed, the Thunder Hawk is powered by a light weight Vlar 300 XL Engine that weighs half as much as a standard fusion engine and allows the 'Mech to carry a heavier than normal weapons payload. The 'Mech is protected by nineteen and a half tons of armor, giving it almost as much armor as the venerable Atlas. Additionally, because the Thunder Hawk has very little heat build up from its weapons, it carries only ten heat sinks.
The Thunder Hawk is armed to engage an enemy at standoff ranges when facing any opposition. The weapons that enable the Thunder Hawk to achieve this are a trio of Norse-Storm Model 7D Gauss Rifles that, when combined, can destroy (or at least disable) most lighter 'Mechs in only a few short salvos. To defend itself if either when an enemy closes to short range or if the Gauss Rifles run out of ammunition, the Thunder Hawk has an impressive array of four Defiance B3M Medium Lasers.
- The 7KMA is a major modification of the Thunder Hawk that allows the 'Mech to act as an artillery 'Mech and a bodyguard unit for artillery units at the same time. This is done by removing one of the Gauss Rifles and replacing it with an Arrow IV artillery missile launcher. In addition, the 'Mech has had its heat sinks upgraded to double heat sinks. BV (1.0) = 1,894, BV (2.0) = 2,449
- A simple upgrade of the Thunder Hawk, the 7Y removes the four Medium Lasers and replaces them with two Medium Pulse Lasers. This increases the accuracy of the close range firepower while sacrificing some of the sheer brute force that the 'Mech can use at short ranges. This helps when facing much lighter and more maneuverable enemies. BV (1.0) = 2,037, BV (2.0) = 2,489
A Thunder Hawk of the Royal Guards
- Combat Operations, p. 132
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 359
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 275
- Technical Readout: 3058, p. 152
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, p. 230
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 357
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 276
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 358
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 277
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 360
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Clan & Star League), p. 278
- Storms of Fate