|Manufacturer||Lycomb IntroTechnologies, Inc.|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Power Plant||GM 300 ATF|
|Fuel||400 - 5 tons|
|Communications System||O/P 9000AT|
|Tracking & Targeting System||O/P 2500TGFD|
First designed in 2530 for the Star League Defense Force, the Stuka is meant for prolonged battle, boasting 30 heat sinks that allow it to stay in the fight longer. Though somewhat outgunned by some medium fighters, it has 15 tons of armoring which gives it superior protection, and its Monitor 200 guidance system gives it the maneuverability of a medium fighter. Mostly used by House Davion forces thanks to their monopoly on its construction, the Stukas have proven a thorn in the side of House Kurita forces on many occasions.
Because of similarities in its design, the Stuka has on occasion been mistaken for a Lightning, a mistake which has often proven deadly.
The STU-K5 Stuka carries a mix of weaponry, a Simpson LRM-20 Rack, Holly SRM-4, and a Martell Medium Laser rounding out the payload in the nose. The wings mount two Exostar Large Lasers each, with the final two Medium Lasers facing to the rear.
- STU-D6 - A variant created by newly created Federated Commonwealth, which introduces recovered Star League technology into the design. Based on the K5, the fighter's weaponry gets additional 2 x LRM 20s on each wing, with two tons of ammunition. Nose launcher is replaced by pair of SRM 6s with four tons of ammo. The fighter's engine is replaced with XL Model and it drops 10 of its single heats sinks to upgrade remaining to double strength. BV (1.0) = 1,838
- STU-D7 - This variant introduces technology that was conceived at the FedCom Civil War. Using the D6 as base design, the two LRM launchers are replaced with Rotary AC/5 Autocannons with two tons of ammunition. The Large Lasers are completely removed for 9 ER Medium Lasers, two replaced in each of the wings, single in mounted in the nose with the LRM20 / 2 SRM6s, and two facing aft. All of the D7's launchers have been enhanced fitted with a Artemis IV guidence systems. A ship bolsters 21 double heat sinks to massive heat the weapons produce. BV (1.0) = , BV (2.0) = 2092
- STU-K5b - This variant kept only the medium lasers in the rear arc. To provide long range hitting power, the large lasers were replaced with a pair of PPCs in each wing. It replaced the rest of the standard weapon loadout with a nose-mounted Autocannon/20 and medium laser to deal with enemies who came in close. Three tons of autocannon ammunition kept this version in the fight for a long time before it needed to return to base to reload. To keep heat levels manageable, the heat sinks were upgraded to double strength models. BV (2.0) = 2,190
- STU-K10 - This variant replaced the three Medium Lasers with two extra Heat Sinks and four Exostar Small Lasers. This variant is mostly seen in the Draconis March Militia. BV (1.0) = 1,565 , BV (2.0) = 1,767
- STU-K15 - This variant that saw limited production reduced the armor by three tons and added six Small Lasers. BV (1.0) = 1,403, BV (2.0) = 1,683
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 303
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 183
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 299
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 184
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 300
- ↑ Record Sheets: Operation Klondike, p. 90
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 301
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 185
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3039, p. 302
- ↑ AeroTech 2 Record Sheets, p. 186