|Manufacturer||Free Worlds Defense Industries|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Chassis||Duralyte 314 Endo Steel|
|Communications System||Datacom 50 w/Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec 1122|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Chilton 365|
The Anvil was originally intended to act as a brawler BattleMech in its original design and testing phase. The 'Mech was paired with the Hammer 'Mech after the Anvil's tests showed the two 'Mechs would work well together. The Anvil is built using a Vlar 300 engine that provides the Anvil with both durability and a maximum speed of 86.4 kph. The Anvils mobility is enhanced with three Chilton 365 jump jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to ninety meters. The Anvil is armed with a short range arsenal that makes the 'Mech a powerful brawler when combined with its mobility, armor, and protection against advanced electronics with its Apple Churchill Guardian ECM Suite.
Weapons and Equipment
The Anvil carries a powerful short range arsenal. The primary weapons are a pair of Sutel Precision Line Large Pulse Lasers which provide powerful medium to long range firepower. The short range firepower is bolstered with a pair of Martell Medium Lasers.
- The 8M variant is a radical modification of the 'Mech intended to provide artillery fire support. This is done by removing the 'Mechs entire arsenal, the jump jets, and reducing the 'Mechs engine size. This massive amount of saved space is used to mount a engine that allows the 'Mech to move at 64.8 kph and the 'Mech has had a MASC system installed that allows the 'Mech to travel at up to 86.4 in short bursts. The 'Mech has had an Arrow IV artillery system installed as its primary weapon and a ER Large Laser for long range combat. For close combat, the 'Mech has two ER Medium Lasers. Finally, the 'Mech is equipped with a Guardian ECM Suite to protect itself from enemy electronic warfare equipment. BV (1.0) = 1,138, BV (2.0) = 1,690
- Sir Paul Masters, leader of the Knights of the Inner Sphere, piloted an Anvil battlemech in the initial invasion of Huntress.
- MUL online date for the Anvil
- Combat Operations, p. 129
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 72
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 48-49, "Anvil 'Mech Components"
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 73
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 74
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 75
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 76
- Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 99
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 77
- Combat Operations
- Master Unit List
- Record Sheets: 3055/3058
- Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged
- Record Sheets: 3060
- Record Sheets: Upgrades
- Technical Readout: 3055
- Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade