|Manufacturer||Free Worlds Defense Industries|
|Chassis||Duralyte 314 Endo Steel|
|Communications System||Datacom 50 w/Guardian ECM Suite|
|Targeting Tracking System||Dynatec 1122|
|Heat Sinks||12 Double heat sinks|
|Jump Jets||Chilton 365|
The Anvil was originally intended to act as a brawler BattleMech in its original design and testing phase. The 'Mech was paired with the Hammer 'Mech after the Anvil's tests showed the two 'Mechs would work well together. The Anvil is built using a Vlar 300 engine that provides the Anvil with both durability and a maximum speed of 86.4 kph. The Anvils mobility is enhanced with three Chilton 365 jump jets that allow the 'Mech to jump up to ninety meters. The Anvil is armed with a short range arsenal that makes the 'Mech a powerful brawler when combined with its mobility, armor, and protection against advanced electronics with its Apple Churchill Guardian ECM Suite.
The Anvil carries a powerful short range arsenal. The primary weapons are a pair of Sutel Precision Line Large Pulse Lasers which provide powerful medium to long range firepower. The short range firepower is bolstered with a pair of Martell Medium Lasers.
- ANV-3R - A simple modification of the Anvil, the 3R model removes the three jump jets from the 'Mech and replaces them with three additional tons of armor, giving the 'Mech superb armor protection. BV (1.0) = 1,264, BV (2.0) = 1,496
- ANV-5M - Looking to increase the long range firepower of the Anvil, the 5M removes the Large Pulse Lasers and replaces them with two ER Large Lasers and two more Medium Lasers have been added to the 'Mech. BV (1.0) = 1,452, BV (2.0) = 1,687
- ANV-5Q - The 5Q variant of the Anvil is a modification that looks to increase the 'Mechs heat dissipation abilities. The ECM Suite has been removed with a half ton of armor and the 'Mech has had two double heat sinks added to the design. BV (1.0) = 1,210, BV (2.0) = 1,336
- ANV-6M - The 6M variant of the Anvil is often paired with the 8M variant. This version is nearly identical to the base 3M model, but mounts a TAG system in the head in place of a Medium Laser. It also has slightly less armor on the torsos. BV (2.0) = 1,366
- ANV-8M - The 8M variant is a radical modification of the 'Mech intended to provide artillery fire support. This is done by removing the 'Mechs entire arsenal, the jump jets, and reducing the 'Mechs engine size. This massive amount of saved space is used to mount a engine that allows the 'Mech to move at 64.8 kph and the 'Mech has had a MASC system installed that allows the 'Mech to travel at up to 86.4 in short bursts. The 'Mech has had an Arrow IV artillery system installed as its primary weapon and a ER Large Laser for long range combat. For close combat, the 'Mech has two ER Medium Lasers. Finally, the 'Mech is equipped with a Guardian ECM Suite to protect itself from enemy electronic warfare equipment. BV (1.0) = 1,138, BV (2.0) = 1,690
 Notable Pilots
- Sir Paul Masters, leader of the Knights of the Inner Sphere, piloted an Anvil battlemech in the initial invasion of Huntress.
- ↑ MUL online date for the Anvil
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Combat Operations, p. 129
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 72
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Technical Readout: 3055 Upgrade, pp. 48-49, "Anvil 'Mech Components"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 73
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 74
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 75
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 76
- ↑ Record Sheets: Upgrades, p. 99
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3055 Upgrades Unabridged, p. 77