- For the Clan Battlemech that was designated Gladiator by the Inner Sphere, please see Executioner.
|Manufacturer||New Samarkand Armor Works, Merryweather Industries, StarCorps Industries|
|Engine||Core Tek 275|
|Communications System||Fujika Multiband|
The first homegrown BattleMech produced by the Draconis Combine was the Gladiator. The 55-ton 'Mech took seven years to design, as Coordinator Kozo Von Rohrs refused to open up the process to anybody but a select group at New Samarkand Armor Works (the predecessor of Luthien Armor Works) who were under constant surveillance by DEST. 2468 finally saw the GLD-1R Gladiator hit mass-production. Following the Battle of Nox in 2475, the dishonored 'Mech was retired from official production, with NSAW closing down the production lines by 2488.
Merryweather Industries was the first private company to attempt BattleMech production without governmental support. Despite their location in the Terran Hegemony, they acquired the plans to the Gladiator and produced a new run in 2490. They were unable to raise the capital to finish their second run, the 4R, and nearly went bankrupt before moving into IndustrialMechs. The GLD-4R production lines were closed down in 2495.
The 55-ton Gladiator has a top speed of 86 km/h, comparable to many other 'Mechs of the same weight. Nine and a half tons of armor provides a respectable amount of protection. Five jump jets enables the 'Mech to jump up to 150 meters at a time.
 Weapons and Equipment
- The original Gladiator used primitive technologies, so it only had a Large Laser and two Medium Lasers. In addition, it could only manage a top speed around 64 km/h. It was protected by sixteen and a half tons of Primitive Armor. The GLD-1R went out of production by 2488. During the Jihad, several companies began producing this primitive design of Gladiator as a part of the appearance of RetroTech on the battlefield, driven by the need for war materiel; companies which produced the primitive Gladiator during this era included Rastaban Agricultural Products, Metals of the Earth and Sword of the Prophet Enterprises although many of these manufacturing lines had closed down by 3079. BV (2.0) = 1,027
- A more modern variant that still used some primitive technologies, the 2R upgraded the top speed of the 1R to 86 km/h. Few of these were ever fielded, as the design was apparently just a test bed for the newer technologies. Production of the GLD-2R stopped by 2488. BV (2.0) = 1,245, 1,184
- The 5R is an upgraded variant that was unveiled by StarCorps Industries after a Gladiator fielded by Major Alex Keller of the Devil's Brigade that utilized cutting-edge and experimental technology gained notoriety. The production model is powered by a bigger Light Fusion Engine. Improved jump jets, which had been installed onto Major Keller's 'Mech, have been omitted in favor of standard versions, and a C3i Computer allows the 'Mech to share targeting telemetry with like-equipped units. It is armed with a Snub-Nose PPC, two ER Medium Lasers, and an MML-5 with Artemis IV Fire Control System to improve accuracy. Additional heat sinks help to alleviate heat problems. This version has 9.5 tons of standard armor plates, which places it on par with older 55-ton trio. BV (2.0) = 1,345, 1,425
 Custom Variants
- Keller's GLD-1R
- This variant had a 220-rated Light Fusion Engine connected to a supercharger, which can add some speed. The 'Mech also had six Improved jump jets, and a C3i Computer, which allows the 'Mech to share targeting telemetry with like-equipped units. It is armed with a Snub-Nose PPC (which uses a PPC Capacitor), two ER Medium Lasers, and an MML-5 with one ton of ammunition devoted to long range missiles and another used for short range. Eleven double heat sinks are barely adequate for such a 'Mechs's generated heat. The 'Mech also used eleven tons of armor, which is almost the maximum such a machine can carry. BV (2.0) = 1,348, 1,557
 Design Quirks
- ↑ Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 9
- ↑ TechManual, p. 15
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 3.5 3.6 3.7 Technical Readout: 3075, pp. 206-207, "Gladiator 'Mech Profile"
- ↑ Era Digest: Age of War, p. 11
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 5.2 5.3 5.4 Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 2, p. 5
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 98
- ↑ Objectives: Lyran Alliance, p. 7
- ↑ Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 4, "State of the Industry at a Glance (Dec 3079)"
- ↑ Objectives: Draconis Combine, p. 34, "Sword of the Prophet Enterprises"
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 199
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 200
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 96
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 201
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 97
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 202
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 99
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged, p. 203
- ↑ Record Sheets: 3075 Unabridged - Age of War, p. 100