- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior 2: The Clans
- Catalyst Games Releases Succession Wars Record Sheets And Reprinted BattleTech Manual To Get Everyone Up To Date
- Did You Know? - Retro BattleTech Games - MechWarrior
- Forever Faithful, Blaine Lee Pardoe’s Latest BattleTech Novel, Now Available For Pre-Order
- Catalyst Announces 35th Anniversary BattleTech With New Available Products
- Read more →
|Type||Energy (Direct Fire)|
|Tech Base||IS Experimental|
|Damage||+5 (Added to any type of PPC)|
|Ammo Per Ton||N/A|
|Cost (unloaded)||150,000 C-bills|
|Ammo Cost (per ton)||N/A|
|BV (2.0)|| PPC Capacitor+|
The PPC Capacitor is an extra component that can be added to any type of Inner Sphere Particle Projection Cannon. Its main purpose is to inflict more damage on an enemy in one shot. However, this comes at the expense of significantly raising the heat generated by each shot.
The Capacitor must be located in the same location as the PPC to which it is mounted. The Capacitor is required to be charged before firing. So long as the capacitor is charged, the next shot fired by the associated PPC deals an additional five damage and increases the heat generated from firing that weapon by five points. If the associated PPC is not fired by the end of the firing phase, the energy may be permitted to dissipate, generating no heat, or else retain the charge, generating another five points of heat. The associated PPC may not be fired on the same turn that the capacitor is charged.
The PPC Capacitor is compatible with both standard and ER versions of the PPC, but is not compatible with the Clan ER PPC unless using Mixed Technology rules. The PPC Capacitor can be mounted on Combat Vehicles or other units which do not track heat (except for ProtoMechs) provided they carry enough heat sinks to compensate for what the PPC Capacitor produces when it is used, along with the heat produced by the PPC itself.
Critical Hit effects: One critical hit to the Capacitor disables both the capacitor and the associated PPC, although the PPC is not considered damaged and may be rendered usable for combat with a five minute repair check at easy difficulty. Two critical hits to a PPC Capacitor renders it completely destroyed, and one hit causes a difficult repair job which costs 75% of the purchase price and takes three days of repair time.
- The Capacitor was used most famously by Precentor Berith of the Word of Blake's Manei Domini during his campaign against the Allied Mercenary Command and the new Black Widow Company. Berith's Archangel OmniMech became a feared sight on contested worlds in the Word of Blake Protectorate.
- Tactical Operations, p. 410
- Tactical Operations, p. 382
- Tactical Operations, pp. 336-337
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 111
- Maximum Tech (Revised), p. 83
- Starterbook: Wolf and Blake, p. 60