(References to Asuncion)
Note: X and Y are coordinates (light years on XY plane) relative to Terra at (0, 0)
X: 5.17 Y: -102.36[e]
 Planetary Garrison
- 6th Orloff Grenadiers (destroyed in 3070)
- Barrett's Fusiliers (replaced the 6th Orloff Grenadiers)
- - At this point in time, the IV Hastati was at 65% of full strength, with 100% of their equipment featuring upgraded technology.
 Manufacturing Centers
 Owner History
- Ca. 2280-2299 - Capellan Hegemony 
- Ca. 2350 - Disputed world (Sarna Supremacy/Free Worlds League) 
- 2366 - Independent World within the Capellan Zone 
- 2367 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2571 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2596 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2750 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2765 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2822 - Capellan Confederation 
- 2864 - Capellan Confederation 
- 3025 - Free Worlds League 
- 3030 - Free Worlds League 
- 3054 - Free Worlds League 
- 3058 - Free Worlds League 
- 3059 - Free Worlds League 
- 3067 - Free Worlds League 
- 3070 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3072 - Word of Blake Protectorate
- 3077 - Word of Blake Protectorate 
- 3130 - Republic of the Sphere 
 Planetary Info
 Early History
Asuncion was one of a number of client states that joined the Capellan Hegemony in the 2280s and 2290s, and along with Zion constituted one of the Capellan Hegemony worlds closest to Terra. Either as a result of the war between the Capellan Hegemony and the Sarna Supremacy or other events after the war, the Capellan Hegemony or it's successor state, the Capellan Commonality, lost control of the Asuncion system; by the 2350s, the Sarna Supremacy and the Free Worlds League were contesting ownership of the system, and by 2366 Asuncion was an independent system within the Capellan Zone.
In 3070 the 6th Orloff Grenadiers had fallen back from an attack into Lyran Alliance space to station Asuncion when they found themselves under attack by the mercenary unit Barrett's Fusiliers. The Fusiliers had been stationed on the nearby world of Zion when the other major unit on the planet, the 3rd Free Worlds Guards lifted off Zion without orders to launch an attack into Capellan space. As the League dissolved into chaos, the Fusiliers were told by the planetary government on Zion that as a temporary measure, the Zion government would be assuming control of their contract, and ordered the Fusiliers to secure Asuncion and put down a rebellion on that planet.
The Fusiliers were surprised by the prescence of the Sixth on Asuncion, announced when the Sixth's air wing intercepted the Fusiliers soon after their arrival at a local pirate point. The Fusiliers air forces punched through the Sixth's fighter screen, and the mercenaries landed and deployed around the Plans of Schakondra, southwest of the planetary capital and north of the Forest of Kendra. This strength of this cautious approach was bouyed by the Fusiliers deploying a 'Mech battalion and significant artillery assets within the Forest. Colonel Loge soon met the Fusiliers in a fierce combat action, despite coming under a significant artillery barrage from the mercenaries hidden artillery assets, followed by bombardment from heavy bombers when Loge ordered the Sixth to charge through the artillery barrage to engage the Fusiliers.
The mercenaries charged in turn, with two mercenary 'Mech battalions attempting to push the Sixth back against the edge of the Forest and thereby limit their mobility and ability to maneuvre; the Fusiliers' armored cavalry circled the Sixth to attack the Sixth's secondary forces, while the Fusiliers third battalion emerged from the Forest and completed the encirclement of the Sixth. With mounting casualties and her support cut off, Colonel Loge called for a cease fire; Colonel Barrett allowed the surviving personnel from the Sixth to leave Asuncion, but claimed all of their equipment, effectively destroying the Sixth as a combat formation. The Fusiliers then imposed martial law on Asuncion in the name of the Zion government and rebuilt using the seized equipment while waiting for new elections to be held on the world.
During the Jihad Asuncion was liberated by the Free Worlds League-based task group led by Duchess Alys Rousset-Marik. The Coalition forces invaded on January 3, 3078 as a part of Operation SCOUR. The defenders were disorganized and after a week of fighting Asuncion was free, having posed little challenge for Group IV of the Free Worlds League task force.
 Nearby Planets
- ↑ Field Manual: SLDF, p. 253, "SLDF - Capellan Confederation Military Command Map"
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Objective Raids, p. 39, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Field Manual: Free Worlds League, p. 113, "Free Worlds League Deployment Table"
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 4.2 4.3 4.4 4.5 Mercenaries Supplemental Update, p. 29, "Barrett's Fusiliers"
- ↑ Field Manual: 3085, p. 186, "RAF Deployment Table - 3085"
- ↑ 6.0 6.1 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 14, "Seeds of Destruction"
- ↑ 7.0 7.1 House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 23, "Friends And Other Enemies"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 17, "Capellan Confederation Founding, 2366"
- ↑ 9.0 9.1 Handbook: House Liao, p. 13, "Timeline: Capellan Zone 2367"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 25, "Capellan Confederation after Age of War "
- ↑ Historical: Reunification War, p. 159, "Inner Sphere - 2596"
- ↑ Era Report: 2750, p. 37, "Inner Sphere - 2750"
- ↑ Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1, p. 11, "Inner Sphere - 2765"
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 31, "Capellan Confederation after First Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 39, "Capellan Confederation after Second Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 40, "Capellan Confederation after Third Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 49, "Capellan Confederation after Fourth Succession War "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 60, "Capellan Confederation after Operation Guerrero "
- ↑ Handbook: House Liao, p. 68, "Capellan Confederation after FedCom Civil War "
- ↑ 20.0 20.1 Jihad: Final Reckoning, p. 58, "The Jihad in Review"
- ↑ Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- ↑ Jihad Hot Spots: Terra, p. 78, "New Year, New Wave"
- Era Report: 2750
- Field Manual: 3085
- Field Manual: SLDF
- Field Manual: Free Worlds League
- Handbook: House Liao
- Historical: Liberation of Terra Volume 1
- Historical: Reunification War
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation)
- Jihad: Final Reckoning
- Jihad Hot Spots: Terra
- Map of the Inner Sphere 3130
- Mercenaries Supplemental Update
- Objective Raids