- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Manufacturer||Weigel Armory and Munitions|
|Armor||PanzerSlab Type 9|
|Engine||AMC 340 XL|
|Speed||64 km/h (86 km/h with MASC)|
The Rampage was a BattleMech produced by the Rim Worlds Republic. The 'Mech was originally built and used as a standard line unit, but it was upgraded to a fast assault 'Mech in 2767, following Stefan Amaris' successful coup that installed him as the nominal leader of the Terran Hegemony. With the occupation of Star League R&D facilities, his Periphery nation was finally able to produce the SLDF's advanced weaponry.
The Rampage's upgrade utilized Endo Steel and an XL Engine to save weight. As engineers debated the best way to make the Rampage faster, they settled on installing the new MASC system, which accelerates the 85-ton 'Mech to 86 km/h in bursts. While its speed gives it a measure of protection, the design also sports a massive sixteen tons of PanzerSlab 9 armor.
Weapons and Equipment
The primary weapon of the Rampage is the Luballin LB-X Autocannon/10. Two tons of ammunition allow it to switch between standard and cluster shots. It also has an array of lasers, namely the Tronel XIII Large Pulse Laser housed in its chest, and two Maxell DT Medium Lasers, one on each side of the pulse laser. In addition to the autocannon for long-range fire, the Rampage has an Artemis IV Fire Control System-guided Jackson Dart LRM-10 launcher with a single ton of ammo. To strengthen its short range firepower, three Marklin Mini Streak SRM-2 launchers are bundled together in the left torso with a ton of ammo to share between them. For defense against missiles, the Rampage mounts a Buzzsaw Anti-Missile System. Against infantry, a Zippo Mark X Anti-Personnel Flamer is installed; a popular piece of equipment for the Rim Worlds' civilian pacification efforts. Thirteen double heat sinks keeps heat levels in check.
- The original version of the Rampage was introduced in 2735 and produced for decades prior to introduction of the Star League-enhanced RMP-5G. The 'Mech has a top speed of 54 km/h. It is equipped with an Autocannon/10, LRM-10, two Medium Lasers, a Large Laser, one Flamer, and a Machine Gun with a full ton of ammo. This decidedly low-tech version lacked the weight saving components of the 5G and used single heat sinks, though an additional ten heat sinks kept the 2G quite cool. BV (2.0) = 1,444
- Introduced in 2750 and built in limited numbers prior to introduction of 5G, the 4G Rampage was similar to the -5G upgrade. It lacked the missile launchers and one Medium Laser, but added a Gauss Rifle for concentrated long-range fire. This required the minimum amount of double heat sinks and slightly less armor. BV (2.0) = 2,020
- RMP-4G Rampage Benbaoudaoud
- This Rampage model was the personal 'Mech of General Viktoria Benboudaoud, commander of the Rim Worlds Republic forces on New Dallas. Based on the 5G chassis, this custom refit replaced the missile launchers and MASC of the 5G with a single SRM-4 and a single LRM-20. The rest of the armament, armor, and performance remains the same as the 5G. BV(2.0)=1,751
- Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2, p. 129
- Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2, pg. 132
- Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2, p. 128
- Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2, p. 133
- Jihad Conspiracies: Interstellar Players 2, p. 134
- Historical Turning Points: New Dallas, p. 2
- Historical Turning Points: New Dallas, p. 19