|Primary Site(s)|| Sarna|
|Primary Products|| Aerospace fighters|
Foundation and Early Succession Wars
Tengo Aerospace was founded on the 16th of April 2752 on the planet Sarna. Tengo was founded by two prominent families, the Hunter and Demos families, both of whom were residents of the Sarna Commonality. By the outbreak of the Succession Wars Tengo had become the major manufacturer of Light Aerospace aircraft for the Capellan Confederation.
By 3025 Tengo had been reduced to a shadow of its former self, having suffered from constant raiding and attacks through the Succession Wars. Output from its production lines had been reduced to the point that Tengo was only producing a few aircraft per month.
As a result of the Fourth Succession War Tengo Aerospace found itself in a precarious position, with the factories on Sarna located within the Sarna March of the Federated Commonwealth while the St. Ives factories were inside the borders of the newly-independent St. Ives Compact. The Demos family had been the controlling interest in the Sarna factories for centuries but had become casualties of the war, leaving the Hunter family in control of the entire of Tengo Aerospace. The Hunters kept the factories working and the company benefited from its new ties to the Federated Commonwealth, but that respite lasted just a few decades; the conquest of much of the Sarna March and the entire St. Ives Compact by the Confederation in the 3060s left Tengo's future uncertain once again.
Sarna found itself snubbed by the remainder of the Confederation once it had been re-absorbed, and just as Sarna found itself the outside so did Tengo-Sarna, the Sarna branch of Tengo Aerospace. The executives responsible for running Tengo-Sarna fled when the planet was conquered, leaving a power vacuum that the Hunter family could usefully exploit, but the Confederation was slow to order the fighters and DropShips produced on Sarna.
Tengo-St. Ives was in a somewhat stronger position, with continued orders flowing in from the St. Ives Commonality, but the difficulties encountered by Tengo-Sarna as the company attempted to break into the domestic Capellan market left Tengo-Sarna selling their excess production to planetary militias and even mercenaries; as the Confederation drew ever-closer to the Jihad Tengo-Sarna found itself on the verge of having to slow or even stop production due to lack of demand.
The company CEO in 3067 was Duke David Hunter.
Tengo Aerospace has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
- House Liao (The Capellan Confederation), p. 120, "Corp profile include complete date of start up".
- Handbook: House Liao, p. 136, "Tengo Aerospace"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 3, "State of the Industry Table"
- Objective Raids, p. 87, "Produced Tengo Aerospace Components"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 12
- Technical Readout: 3075, p. 250, "Produced Lightning Fighter"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 28, "Produced Warrior S-9 Components"
- Technical Readout: 3145 Capellan Confederation, p. 12, "Produced Shun Components"
- Dropships and Jumpships, p.17
- Objective Raids, p. 149, "Produced Tengo Aerospace Components"
- Objectives: Capellan Confederation, p. 23