Magshot Gauss Rifle
- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
|Gauss Cannon (Magshot)|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere|
|Year Availability||3059 (FS)|
|Mass Per Reload||16.5kg (20)|
The Magshot Gauss Rifle was produced by Federated-Barrett under a Federated Commonwealth Intelligence Command grant to develop the main armament of the Infiltrator Mk. II Battle Armor. While ostensibly designed to defeat light vehicle armor, the FCIC also wanted the weapon to function as a sniper rifle for taking out "soft targets" at extreme ranges. With the recent success of their Thunderstroke Gauss Rifle and Grand Mauler Gauss Cannon, Federated-Barrett was well-positioned to meet these requirements.
A miniature version of vehicle-mounted Gauss Rifles, the Magshot accelerates a small projectile to incredible speeds by use of a magnetic accelerator. For accuracy at great distances the weapon incorporates a unique telescopic sighting system with infrared and rangefinding capabilities. While the Magshot is standard as part of the Mk. II's armaments, its sheer expense meant the majority of stand-alone weapons were reserved for the Department of Military Intelligence's MI6, with a few score being issued to elite AFFS special forces.
- Item:Magshot Gauss Rifle
- Equipment Rating: E/X-X-E/F
- Armor Piercing/Base Damage: 6B/7
- Range: 70/280/600/1250 meters
- Shots: 20; 3 Power Points per Shot
- Cost/Reload: 8500/10*
- Affiliation: FS
- Mass/Reload: 45kg/16.5kg*
- Notes: Crew: 2
- TechManual, p. 351
- TechManual, p. 301
- TechManual, p. 319
- Field Manual: Federated Suns', p. 156
- Lostech, p. 42
- A Time of War, p. 274