- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
Conventional fighters are traditional aerodyne craft designed to only operate within an atmosphere, weighing anywhere from 10 to 50 tons. Though weak compared to aerospace fighters and unable to fly in the vacuum of space, conventional fighters are considerably cheaper to build and require a much lower base technology level to manufacture. This means that most worlds, especially backwater planets, field at least a small conventional fighter force.
Conventional fighters typically use jet turbines as a means of propulsion, although some do utilize fusion engines, and may also be designed for Very Short Take Off and Landing (VSTOL). Though smaller and cheaper than ASFs, they use much of the same technology, such as myomer strands to control flight surfaces and Ferro-Aluminum for armoring. Their flight controls are also similar, using traditional stick and touchpad screens in conjunction with helmet-based HUD displays. Conventional fighters also have the slight advantage, due to their more specialized design, of being able to turn tighter and fly longer in an atmosphere compared to ASF designs.
Conventional fighters are manufactured on the following planets:
|Boeing Jump Bomber||3037||20|
|Mosquito Light Fighter||2303||20|
|Planetlifter Air Transport||2761||50|
|Vendetta Medium Fighter||2328||60|
- "Conventional fighters", Total Warfare
- "Aerotechnoloy", TechManual