Vendetta Medium Fighter
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Vendetta Medium Fighter|
|Manufacturer||European Aerospace Consortium|
|Tech Base||Inner Sphere (Primitive)|
|Chassis Type (Size)||Fixed Wing (Medium)|
|Armament|| 1x Large Laser |
2x Medium Lasers
1x Small Laser
|Crew|| 2 Officers |
Designed in the early twenty-fourth century, the Vendetta Medium Fighter was an air superiority and ground attack fighter fielded by the air force of the Terran Hegemony. Armed with an array of the Hegemony Armed Forces' most powerful energy weapons, the Vendetta was a clear step forward from the pattern set by the rather mediocre designs among which it served. At the time of its introduction, the Vendetta was the most powerful aircraft in service with the HAF. The powerful weaponry carried by Vendetta proved to be too much for most contemporary designs to contend with. In addition to its advanced onboard armament, the Vendetta could carry a formidable payload of bombs or other munitions, making it valuable in the ground support role. It saw service with the HAF for over a century as its primary combat fighter. It was not phased out of frontline service until the advent of the AeroSpace Fighter. The aircraft, along with variants and clone designs, would continue in service in secondary roles with various planetary militia.
Weapons and Equipment
Designed to take advantage of its fusion reactor, the Vendetta’s weapons are solely energy based. Its main weapon is a Large Laser mounted on the nose with addition of a Small Laser. Complimenting the Large Laser are two Medium Class Lasers mounted each of its wings. For attacks during ground-attack missions, the aircraft was fitted with six External Stores Hardpoints on its main body. To ensure better accuracy, these weapons are guided by an Advanced Fire Control System.
Because it wasn't the fastest of aircraft, its defense was supplemented by 3.5 tons of BAR-10 grade armor.
Even though the Vendetta was intended as a Primitive Conventional Fighter, Support Air Vehicle construction rules were utilized to create this vehicle.
As of this writing, there is no Battle Value assigned to this unit.
The Vendetta Medium Fighter's image was originally used for the Torrent Heavy Bomber.
- Atmospheric Flyer
- Cramped Cockpit
- Difficult Ejection
- Variable Range Targeting
- Weak Undercarriage
- MUL online date for Vendetta Medium Fighter
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 13 Vendetta Medium Fighter - Background information.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 13 Vendetta Medium Fighter - Stats for fighter.
- Experimental Technical Readout: Primitives, Volume 3, p. 13 Vendetta Medium Fighter - Equipment Rating, and explanation of vehicle's construction rules.