Cal-Boeing of Dorwinion
- Devlin Stone's Origins Revealed
- BattleTech Is Coming In April!
- Blaine Lee Pardoe Provides Fascinating Look At “Twilight Of The Clans” Origins
- Year of Battle Armor: Unit 1 - Corona Heavy Battle Armor
- Community Outreach - Interview With Brent Evans, Lead BattleTech Developer At Catalyst Games
- Read more →
|Cal-Boeing of Dorwinion|
|Primary Site(s)|| Belladonna|
|Primary Products|| Conventional Aircraft|
Formed in 2899 by a group of Federated-Boeing engineers and designers who disagreed with the company's direction, the parting of both groups was amiable, with Federated-Boeing even donating long-empty warehouses on Belladonna to the fledgling start-up which repaid their parent company once they became successful. Cal-Boeing's first design, the Ferret, rolled off the production line in 2901, securing an AFFS contract for six thousand of the scout VTOL.
Riding the wave of continued high-interest in their iconic VTOL, the company was unprepared for the failure of the combat version of the Ferret called the Wild Weasel in 2967. So stung, Cal-Boeing did not attempt to develop another until the Marten in 3021.
In 3067 Cal-Boeing has seen a great deal of competition from Michaelson Heavy Industries. The company has expanded into the civilian market, and unless the AFFS starts to purchase some of their newer designs there is a decent chance the company will stop producing military systems altogether. In 3079 however, the company's fortunes shifted for the better. With the widespread destruction of the Jihad and the AFFS reorganization, their VTOLs were more in demand than ever.
The creation of the Filtvelt Coalition raised some concerns within the company, but when the Federated Suns declined to invade the company continued to produce parts and vehicles for the new Filtvelt Citizen's Militia. One unexpected side effect was the standardization of equipment across the FCM.
By 3137 Cal-Boeing was producing two new versions of the Marten from their factory on Belladonna, the Marten Scout VTOL and a troop-carrying variant. Cal-Boeing also made the decision to expand their production off of Filtvelt during the Dark Age, with a new facility on Lackhove producing Aurora-class DropShips under contract as well as a new line of endo-steel which was predominantly manufactured for the Filtvelt Coalition's home-grown Coalition Armory Inc..
Cal-Boeing of Dorwinion has manufacturing centers on the following planets:
Security Force: Cal-Boing Swarm (battalion sized unit of Wild Weasel's and Martens)
|Components produced on Filtvelt:|
|Achernar Air Whistler||Boomerang|
|Components produced on Lackland:|
|Aurora (post-Jihad)||Aerodyne DropShip|
|CBD Endo-Lite (post-Jihad)||Endo Steel|
- House Davion (The Federated Suns), p. 151
- Handbook: House Davion, p. 164, "Cal-Boeing of Dorwinion Profile"
- Objectives: Federated Suns, p. 12
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 23
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns, p. 12, "Marten Scout VTOL"
- Field Manual: 3145, p. 189, "Filtvelt Coalition"
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 30, "Produced Cavalry Components"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 8, "Produced Cavalry VTOL variant"
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade, p. 150, "Produced Ripper VTOL Components"
- Objective Raids, p. 92, "Produced Cal-Boeing of Dorwinion Components"
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 8, "Produced Ferret VTOL Components"
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised, p. 92, "Produced Marten VTOL Components"
- Objective Raids,p. 81
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers, p. 47
- Technical Readout: 3039, p. 172, "Produced Boomerang Spotter Plane Components
- Objectives: Periphery, p. 24, "Cal-Boeing of Dorwinion"
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion
- Field Manual: 3145
- Handbook: House Davion
- House Davion (The Federated Suns)
- Masters and Minions: The StarCorps Dossiers
- Objective Raids
- Technical Readout: 3026 Revised
- Technical Readout: 3039
- Technical Readout: 3050 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: 3145 Federated Suns
- Technical Readout: Prototypes
- Objectives: Federated Suns
- Objectives: Periphery