- Harmony Gold Resurrects Itself Once More And Regains Rights To Robotech License
- State Of Play: How MechWarrior And BattleTech Are Doing Post E3
- Catalyst Announces New Kickstarter To Bring Clan Invasion To New Box Sets
- Let’s Talk About The MechWarrior 2 Soundtrack
- Leak Suggests Microsoft Might Resurrect MechAssault At This Year’s E3
- Read more →
|Cavalry Attack Helicopter|
|Manufacturer||Michaelson Heavy Industries |
|Mission|| Anti-vehicle |
|Armor||3.5 tons Star Slab/3|
|Engine||Michaelson 110 Internal Combustion|
|Speed||162 (10/15) km/h|
|Communications System||Garret Supremesound|
|Targeting Tracking System||Garret D2j|
Introduced in 3054, the Cavalry Attack Helicopter was one of a number of VTOLs developed to fight the Clans by Michaelson Heavy Industries. Designed for hit-and-run engagements rather than front-line combat situations, due in part of its ammunition supply running low in prolonged battles, when used correctly the Cavalry attracted a reputation for flawless service with both halves of the sundered Armed Forces of the Federated Commonwealth prior to and during the FedCom Civil War. The Cavalry has since seen service in both former FedCom States and minor-nobles among the Chaos March.
While capable of speeds up to 162 km/h, the Cavalry doesn't rely on this alone for protection and has been noted for carrying 3.5 tons standard Star Slab/3 armor. While the rotor is no less fragile than other VTOL designs, the craft can handle a direct hit from a Clan-tech ER PPC on the nose and keep flying.
Weapons and Equipment
The aircraft's main armaments consist of an array of short-range missile launchers. Principally, a six-tube launcher mounted in the front, with three additional two-tube launchers co-axed to it. The six-tube launcher has been given only 15 rounds of ammunition, while the smaller two-tube launchers have 50 missiles in a shared ammo bay.
- CADENCE RAIN
- The CADENCE RAIN Cavalry copter was designed during the Jihad to deliver the new CORAL INTENT Infiltrator battle armor to the battlefield. Designers started by removing the existing armor and replacing it with Vehicular Stealth Armor and Guardian ECM Suite. A four ton infantry bay carries a squad of battle armor. To improve survivability, a VTOL Jet Booster was added to allow the CADENCE RAIN copters to temporarily double their cruising speed. The existing weapons were removed and replaced with three Magshots. Though insufficient to destroy 'Mechs and heavy vehicles, they're able to drive off enemy battle armor and infantry forces. BV (2.0) = 568
A third variant of the Cavalry is mentioned, but however it written as a re-design of the aircraft to allow for a two-man piloting/gunner crew.
- Technical Readout 3058 Upgrade p.62
- MUL online date for the Cavalry
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 75
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 20
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade, pp. 62-63, "Cavalry VTOL Profile"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 76
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 23
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 80 - "Cavalry (Infantry Variant)"
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades, p. 76
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 21
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 22
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere), p. 24
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion, p. 8
- Technical Readout: Prototypes, p. 31
- Experimental Technical Readout: Davion
- Master Unit List: Battle Values
- Record Sheets: 3055 & 3058
- Record Sheets: 3058 Unabridged (Inner Sphere)
- Record Sheets: 3058 Upgrades
- Swordsworn Dan Schiavello's dossier from the MWDA's counterassault
- Technical Readout: 3058
- Technical Readout: 3058 Upgrade
- Technical Readout: Prototypes