|Wasp Land-Air 'Mech|
|Manufacturer||Harvard Company, Inc.|
|Communications System||Rand 1200|
|Targeting Tracking System||Rand LAMTar 100|
|Speed||97.2 ground km/h, 1620 overthrust km/h|
|Jump Jets||GM ATO 100|
Designed right after the Stinger LAM proved the Land-Air 'Mech concept, the aerodynamic Wasp chassis also seemed to promise a successful conversion. However, weapon accuracy was severely hampered on initial prototypes. Only after the Harvard Company hired Katherine Piscalla was a successful Wasp LAM actually produced.
The Wasp LAM is able to convert from BattleMech to Aerospace Fighter faster than any other Land-Air 'Mech. The Wasp LAM also mounts no lostech (save the conversion equipment). The ease of use and ability to drop bombs from bomb bays made the Wasp LAM especially successful in air-to-ground strikes, no matter where that ground may be. During its first operation, Wasp LAMs were tasked with destroying a nuclear weapons facility orbiting in the Terran Oort Cloud in 2690. Generations of SLDF ground soldiers loved the Wasp LAM so much, they bestowed upon it the moniker "angels on our shoulders".
The Wasp LAM was highly a sought-after prize, and a jealously guarded commodity when most of the Wasp LAM production facilities were destroyed shortly after the start of the First Succession War. By the 31st century, the Wasp LAM was an exceedingly rare sight within the Inner Sphere.
 Weapons and Equipment
Though extremely similar to the Stinger LAM, maintaining the same ground and air speed. The only real difference is in the armament - the Wasp LAM is armed with a Martell Medium Laser and a Holly SRM-2. The use of the SRMs seems a curious decision; the lack of ammunition dependence would only increase the versatility of a Land-Air 'Mech.
- WSP-100 Wasp LAM Mk I
- This variant, used by the SLDF, has a LTV 150 engine, slightly lower maximum ground speed (84km/h), a 120 meter jump capability, and replaces the SRM-2 with a rear-facing One-Shot version. In exchange the WSP-100 was equipped with a five ton bomb bay. This Bomb Bay allowed the WSP-100 to carry Arrow IV missiles and conventional bombs without losing any speed. BV (2.0) = 489
 Related BattleMechs
- Wasp - The Wasp LAM modified the chassis of the very successful Wasp light BattleMech.
 Wasp LAM Gallery
- ↑ MUL online
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 2.2 2.3 2.4 Technical Readout: 3025, p. 128, "Wasp LAM"
- ↑ Technical Readout: 3085, p. 292-296
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Technical Readout: 3085, p. 296