- Did You Know? - Fan made TRO 3028 is better than the originals!
- BattleTech Technology - Today!
- Someone did the math on how many 'Mechs you kill in MechWarrior 3
- A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs: Empyreal's prtNspz - Full Interview
- Unstoppable: A chat with MechWarrior Online Champs, Empyreal's prtNspz
- Read more →
A One-Shot weapon is a missile launcher that has only one shot to fire. All short-, long-, Multi-Missile Launchers, and Torpedos can be modified in this way. Rather than being linked to one or more one-ton ammunition bins, a one-shot weapon weighs an extra half-ton to represent the round inside it. The One-Shot missile system was introduced in 2676 by the Terran Hegemony. It served to provide a little bit more firepower when space and mass were at a premium. The advantage is that the single salvo of the One-Shot launcher can inflict some more damage that an opponent may not expect, and the lack of ammunition prevents damage from an ammunition explosion. The downside is that the One-Shot missile launcher's damage usually isn't significant. The limited ammunition and high weight penalty of the weapon led to it falling out of service around 2800.
- TechManual, p. 230
- TechManual, p. 206
- TechManual, p. 171
- Tactical Operations, p. 327